Shoreline Arts Alliance
Position Type: Board (Unpaid)
Primary domain: Arts, Culture and Humanities
Postal code: 06437
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
We Transform Lives through the Arts.
Shoreline Arts Alliance is the Arts Council for 26 communities along the Connecticut shoreline. For nearly 40 years, Shoreline Arts Alliance has enriched Connecticut’s cultural landscape through programs, arts advocacy and mission to Transform Lives through the Arts. Through our programs we have supported Arts Education in our schools, supported and mentored young artists to successful and fulfilling lives and careers, offered statewide juried competitions for all types of art and have sponsored and produced performances.
Now, in the Covid pandemic era we have successfully evolved to meet the needs of our members, participants and beneficiaries in these challenging times. We have established and co-chair with Yale School of Public Health, a series of weekly on-line webinars entitled “Reopening CT Arts Venues: Science based safety” which has attracted a national audience of nearly 10,000 people. We have also successfully converted our programs to the virtual world while increasing participation and maintaining our student scholarship and mentoring programs which are all the more important in these times.
We are looking for caring individuals from all of the communities we serve with diverse skill sets who are prepared to join our board of directors and support our work Transforming Lives through the Arts.
- Board members are expected to participate in quarterly meetings.
- Board members are expected to actively participate in the affairs of the organization through participating on board committees and/or volunteering to support programs/fund raising events.
- The Board has a 100% commitment to giving – each board member makes an annual contribution at an amount that is personally significant.
- Board members are also expected to initiate and support fundraising, programing and profile-raising efforts throughout the year.
- Board members are expected to be ambassadors for Shoreline Arts Alliance, our values and goals and to make connections with and encourage the support of friends, family, colleagues and other networks to advance the work of the Shoreline Arts Alliance.
- Skills and experience in one of the following areas strongly desired: law, accounting, marketing and non-profit management.
- Interest in the Arts, Arts Education and the power and influence of young people.
- Willingness to volunteer organize events/programs and to help with fundraising efforts.
- A connection with one of the 26 communities we serve.
Unpaid Board Position
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in joining Shoreline Arts Alliance's Board of Directors!
For further information please contact Andrew Wood, Chair, Shoreline Arts Alliance at [email protected] or on 203 800 5035
If you are interested in applying for the position please provide the following information to Andrew Wood, Chair, Shoreline Arts Alliance at [email protected]
Phone Numbers: (H)_ _ _ - _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ (M) _ _ _ - _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ (O)_ _ _ - _ _ _ - _ _ _ _
Tell us why you’re interested in joining the board of Shoreline Arts Alliance (300 word limit)
Please upload your resume and/or upload your profiles.
Where did you hear of this opportunity?
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert