Director of Strategic Partnerships
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Business Development
Primary domain: International/Foreign Affairs
City: District of Columbia
Postal code: 20005
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Glasswing International is an innovative non-profit with close to 15 years of experience addressing the root causes of poverty and violence through education, health and community empowerment programs. Glasswing has headquarters in El Salvador and New York City, with country offices in an additional 8 countries in Latin America. We work extensively in public schools and healthcare systems, while partnering with government, the private sector, foundations and individuals to maximize the impact of our programs and support.
Glasswing is looking to grow the organization, the depth and breadth of its programming, and build on its profile and relationships in Washington, DC. Currently Glasswing has around 300 staff members. Our cross-sector model builds partnerships across public, private, and civil society sectors, leveraging human, financial, and material resources to achieve the greatest – and most sustainable – impact possible.
POSITION DESCRIPTION & OBJECTIVES
As an important member of the management team, the Director of Strategic Partnerships will be a key representative for Glasswing in Washington, D.C., building relationships and strategy during an exciting period of expansion for the organization. The Director, with a clear understanding of Glasswing, its programs, mission and strengths, will work with key stakeholders, including Contractors, Government, and Corporations, many based in the Washington, D.C. area, as well as collaborate closely with the CEO, VP of Programs and New Business Development Director. The Director of Strategic Partnerships will represent Glasswing publicly and in front of different audiences.
● Represent Glasswing in Washington, D.C., with International Development contractors, Government, Corporations, Foundations and at conferences.
● Establish new, and build on existing strategic partnerships, and build roadmap to identify opportunities for partnerships to meet short, medium, and long-term goals in business development for the organization.
● Support executive management and new business development unit in strategic outreach aligning Glasswing mission and organization with different partners and industry trends.
● In coordination with the New Business Development Director maintain relationships with donors, including partnerships with large-scale US government and other donor-funded contractors, joining consortiums that align with Glasswing’s strategic growth plan.
● Monitor industry, political, and programmatic trends in giving, be well informed and connected.
● Collaborate with team members in the preparation of research and briefing materials for own meetings, or for executive staff and board members.
● As needed, assist in writing, editing, and / or coordinating high quality LOIs, concept notes, and proposals.
● In support of VP of Programs, lead relationship management of U.S.-based partners, which includes monitoring compliance of donor requirements and guidelines and assisting in the development of required reports and updates.
● Provide inputs to the organization's database on partners, proposals, and awards (e.g. contact data, technical and geographic scopes, relationship status, requirements, among other information).
● Bachelor’s degree
● Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience with cultivating partnerships and relationship networks that are goal-oriented
● Experience with donor-funded business development, in particular with the US government
● Exceptional presentation, written communication, and editing skills
● Strong ability to relate to others, facility to understand multi-disciplinary facets of international development, and communicate with tact and diplomacy
● Well-disciplined, organized self-starter with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
● Solid understanding of budgets as it relates to proposals and contracts
● Collaborative team player
● International experience preferred
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Applications must include a CV, cover letter, and professional references (please include contact details and your relationship to the individual).
Please send application material to Mark Loyka at: [email protected]. Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial phone screening.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert