For over 35 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. In coalition with Indigenous communities and allies from around the world, RAN uses non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, education, and strategic communications to challenge corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt comprehensive policies that reduce their contributions to global warming.
Available now, RAN has an full-time opening on our Digital Team for a Digital Production Associate. You’ll join a team of digitally savvy activists taking on some of the biggest polluters and human rights abusers around the globe - and we're winning. In this role you will report directly to the Digital Fundraising Strategist and provide continuous support in the development and execution of our email marketing program to drive digital revenue and supporter engagement. And, working closely with the Digital Production Manager - Web Developer, assure that RAN.org is our supporters’ hub for information, story-telling, and timely online action.
In this role, you’ll be able to drive the development of online resources to make campaigners and volunteers around the world more nimble and effective in some of the biggest global issue fights of our lifetimes. It will be a fast moving job that will take someone who is good at finishing projects on time and able to think big picture about engagement and supporter/user experience.
This person will also work with a wide range of campaigners, development, membership, and communications staffers to help plan projects and execute on their delivery. Anyone in this role will need to be able to self-manage priorities, be unafraid to ask questions, and stay on top of multiple deadlines. A successful applicant must be comfortable and effective working in a distributed team from a remote location.
● Build, test, and deploy online action pages, donation forms, surveys or other online forms for fundraising, advocacy, and awareness campaigns
● Create and test emails and other digital communications, implementing split testing to improve engagement and performance, and support the development and monitoring of marketing automations
● Query, generate, and pull custom audiences for use in email marketing, reporting, or to provide vendors for acquisition and advertising
● Work with campaigners and digital team members to help plan and execute all aspects of robust campaigns in the digital space
● Support in publishing blogs, news releases, basic pages, and other content for the organizational website
● Provide data analysis of online performance and recommendations for changes
● Use Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other data reporting tools to track all communications and their impacts
● Maintain weekly and monthly reports on the progress of digital fundraising, advocacy
and list growth
● Support in building followers on social media and implement strategies to grow reach
● Use online tools such as Share Progress, Action Network, and MoveOn Petitions to increase reach and growth for RAN’s campaigns
● Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into campaign engagement as relevant to organizational goals
● Support all of RAN’s work, e.g. helping during major fundraising events, grassroots trainings, or campaigns priorities as requested by supervisor
● Work openly and collaboratively within a high functioning team dynamic
● Participate in weekly team meetings, bi-weekly staff meetings, as well as attend vendor meetings as requested by supervisor
This role is uniquely positioned to help grow RAN’s social media following and develop our SMS strategy to increase list growth and engagement; exceptional candidates will have experience in managing social media accounts and with bulk SMS platforms.