Associate Director, Digital Strategies
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Information Services/Technology
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
City: New York
Postal code: 10120
State: New York
Country: United States
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD) in our lifetime. The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus — thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research worldwide, having funded more than $900 million in research projects in academic and industry labs worldwide to date. We exist to put ourselves out of business, so we deliberately hold no endowment or excessive reserves, but spend what we raise quickly and efficiently; 88 cents of every dollar spent goes directly to research programs. Today, the Foundation has about 160 full-time employees.
We work aggressively to support the entire Parkinson’s therapeutic development enterprise by de-risking specific therapeutic approaches and developing and distributing fieldwide tools, in order to seed and support a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. Achieving our mission requires that we inspire the engagement of all Parkinson’s stakeholder groups — industry and academic researchers, clinicians, data scientists, policy makers, and most important, people and families living with Parkinson's. In service of this mission, the Marketing & Communications team works to leverage the Foundation’s tremendous research achievements and highly respected brand identity in service of our mission to speed better treatments and a cure for Parkinson’s.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation strongly encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to our efforts to build and support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Diversity may refer to characteristics including, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, geographic background, ability and disability, political ideology and age.
Your core responsibilities will include Sales Cloud configuration, maintenance, administration, and integration with other systems that are part of the wider CRM ecosystem. You will work closely with the CRM team to improve our Salesforce implementation across all business areas of the Foundation. Additionally, you will work with stakeholders across departments to develop technical requirements for business process improvements and deliver solutions based on those requirements.
● Responsible for all aspects of Salesforce and related platforms, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, general troubleshooting, 3rd party applications and AppExchange products
● Responsible for implementing customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
● Seek out opportunities to utilize Salesforce and related platforms to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
● Utilize a change management process to scope, develop, and implement new applications and updates to existing applications
● Work with users to develop requirements for various initiatives, document those requirements, build an implementation plan, and deploy new features
● Bachelor’s degree (a technical degree or concentration is preferred)
● 4 years in Salesforce-based administration, project management, or analyst roles
● Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering and creating/deploying solutions to end users
● Experience with Marketing Cloud and/or a comparable marketing automation system
● Past involvement in large-scale Salesforce projects
● Experience using Salesforce data tools (DemandTools, Data Loader, Workbench, Scribe, etc.)
● Basic release management experience
● Familiarity with Salesforce query languages and Apex, although advanced coding skills are not required
● Ability to critically review feature requests and suggest alternate proposals and optimizations as warranted
● Certified Salesforce Advanced Administrator (ADM-211) or Developer (DEV-401) Certification
● In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce platform and a good understanding of how it is used in common business processes (Sales, Marketing, Analytics, etc.)
● Professional experience working through a feature development lifecycle including requirements gathering, development, user testing, and deployment
● Experience working in AWS with Redshift, Lambda, S3, and similar services
● Intermediate Python development skills including unit testing, API integration work, and ETL processes
● Experience with Skuid for Salesforce for application development
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Please click the following link to apply. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert