Vice President of Property Management
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Housing/Shelter
Postal code: 10003
State: New York
Country: United States
HELP USA works to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We provide shelter to meet people’s immediate needs, as well as the support they need to succeed for themselves, their families, and their communities.
We envision a world where safe and stable housing is a starting point for everyone, because housing is the foundation upon which people can build better lives.
ABOUT HELP USA
At HELP USA, we work to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We’re one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, individuals, veterans, survivors of domestic violence, people with physical and mental health challenges and disabilities, and seniors. With an annual operating budget approaching $150 million and 1400 employees working in nearly 60 programs, we have helped over 500,000 people facing homelessness and poverty to build better lives. We hope that you will consider joining our team in the fight against homelessness.
HELP USA has 26 currently operating permanent housing properties in five states and the District of Columbia, with over 1800 housing units, two permanent housing properties under construction, and five others in pre-development. Plans include continued development and management of affordable housing units on the east coast where the organization has already established a permanent housing presence.
HELP USA is seeking a Vice President of Property Management who will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of property management services. This person will report to the Chief Housing Officer and oversee all property management staff, which totals about 75 people.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing effective and efficient property management services that comply with local regulations in the areas of:
- asset management
- rent-up and marketing
- tenant selection
- budget development
- rent collection
- tenant relations
- maintenance and security, in collaboration with the VP of Permanent Housing Facilities and Construction and the VP of Security
- Completion of annual recertifications, audits, and other reports accurately and on time
- Property financial operations including timely payment of mortgage payments, taxes, etc.; development of budgets for each site; and preparation and analysis of budget variances
- Ensuring compliance with finance and funding source guidelines; relevant legislation (ADA, FFHA, etc.); and federal, state, and local regulations and building codes
- Managing relationships with funding allocation agencies in multiple states and social service providers in supportive housing projects, including monthly liaison with service providers
- Receiving complaints/inquiries from residents and ensuring prompt resolution by site staff
- Coordinating with HELP USA leadership to continually analyze Property Management functions—recommending and implementing changes as necessary
- Serving as a liaison between on-site staff and HELP USA Central Office support teams
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a Master’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in affordable housing/Low Income Housing Tax Credit property management, specifically including:
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit/HOME/CDBG/Housing Trust Funds compliance
- Property management, lease, and rental agreements
- Budget development and analysis
- Contract negotiations with vendors and contractors
- Computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office applications, is a must
- Willingness and ability to travel between property sites
We offer a great benefit package for all full-time employees!
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please upload resume and complete our brief application at: Online Application
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert