Director, Organizational Sustainability & Operations
Location: Flexible within the United States
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times Best Nonprofits to Work For and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
The Director, Organizational Sustainability & Operations (OSO) is a key leader supporting the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and the accounting, finance, legal, talent and tech xperience teams to realize ANet's mission and ensure that our talent and financial resources are well positioned to drive impact. The ideal candidate must thrive in relationship-driven environments and enjoy managing complex work streams across multiple stakeholders and teams. This role will be responsible for bringing together our priorities, partnerships, talent, and financial resources by:
• Steering the annual planning process
• Ensuring and facilitating seamless and coherent support to employees and managers across OSO teams
The Director will report to and work closely with the COO around all aspects of the teams' work, ensuring that our team connection and collaboration is strong and leading initiatives connecting OSO functions to other internal teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Provide direct support to the COO
• Support the development of OSO's strategic priorities by helping the COO identify the areas of focus and metrics for success; revisiting priorities regularly and evaluating progress
• Strategically manage the COO's time to align with priorities by reviewing long-term calendars, evaluating opportunities, and leveraging a virtual Executive Associate
• Serve as a gatekeeper monitoring information flow to the COO and ensuring involvement in a project or decision-making process is at the right moment
• Review upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the COO has all of the information needed to be as productive and engaged as possible
• Develop and review communications toward strategic and engaging outputs, including maintenance of OSO and team intranet and communications, reports and/or presentations in partnership with the COO
Support the OSO Team operations, engagement, and cross-functional projects
• Set OSO culture priorities and execute on activities that strengthen overall team culture
• Initiate, design, and implement OSO forums (e.g., convenings designed to build collaboration, connection to short- and long-term strategy, regular team culture building events, etc.)
• Lead and manage the relationship with virtual Executive Assistant vendor to support calendar, travel, receipts and operations for organizational leaders
• Research, benchmark and play a lead role in implementing solutions that streamline operations; consistently seeking to understand the needs of OSO teams and bringing forward ideas for structures, processes, and systems that improve effectiveness
• Support OSO Teams in annual planning process and ongoing progress monitoring; create and maintain team dashboards tracking key performance indicators against strategic priorities
• Identify and lead collaboration work across OSO functions and with other internal teams to collectively provide positive and seamless employee and manager journeys
• Support, design and/or lead OSO Team efforts to live our Advance Equity core value and advance our anti-racist work in collaboration with the Anti-Racist and Culture team
Manage the annual planning process and provide strategic planning support for organization-wide initiatives
• Steer the annual planning process which brings together our priorities, partnerships, talent and financial resources.
• Facilitate strong coordination, communication, and follow through with team leads, specifically with the Talent, Finance, Sales and Office of the CEO team's work streams
• Lead working group to evolve our annual planning processes including long-term strategy and fiscal year learning agenda
• Create, monitor and manage annual planning dashboard
• Manage the meeting cadence for the board of directors finance committee and OSO leadership team
• Oversee large, often cross-functional, organization-wide projects and/or initiatives as needed (e.g. employee journey, organizational health surveys and analysis, OSO data strategy project, events, internal communications, etc.)