Assistant Director, Network Services and Communications
NASPA - Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Client/Customer Service
Primary domain: Higher Education
Postal code: 20002
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
As the leading voice of student affairs, NASPA drives innovation and evidence-based, student-centered practice throughout higher education, nationally and globally.
NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA) is engaged in a multi-year project to help institutions improve their advising practices through a grant-funded Advising Success Network. Formed in 2018, the Advising Success Network (ASN) is a dynamic network of five organizations partnering to support educational change and improved student outcomes through a holistic approach to advising, addressing the operational, programmatic, technological, and research needs of colleges and universities in direct support of a more equitable student experience. The mission of the network is to help scale the adoption of advising and student supports to ensure equitable outcomes for institutions and students. Building on past efforts and research, the network seeks to expand the notion of holistic advising to a broader set of higher education institutions.
The Assistant Director’s primary roles are to support the design, delivery, and scaling of services offered by Advising Success Network partners to a defined set of institutions and to utilize consultative marketing techniques to assist institutions in becoming aware of and choosing the best services. In addition, this position will manage and implement the network’s communications strategy and marketing plan, i.e. managing social media accounts, marketing of services and creation and review of blogs and other documents. All of this work is occurring in the context of a grant, so attention to detail, ability to adapt, and strong interpersonal skills are critical.
Senior Director, Advising Success Network
Specific Responsibilities of the Position
- Manages the process to design and deliver advising services to institutions, to include crafting potential services in collaboration with partners, managing all aspects of the planning process;
- Reviews, refines and implements network communications strategy and process;
- Develops and implements network marketing plan and maintains print, web, and social media content in collaboration with NASPA's Communications and Marketing department and external consultants;
- Researches and provides insights on current marketing, advising and technology trends and processes;
- Works collaboratively with partner associations, organizations, and institutions student success initiatives focused on holistic advising;
- Coordinates, tracks, and supports the development of service offerings;
- Works with Senior Director of the Advising Success Network to help develop and deliver all external communications, including presentations to local and national audiences;
- Authors publications, blog posts, and other commentary for multiple audiences; and,
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree preferred, ideally with at least 5 years of experience in at least one of the following areas: higher education, communications, marketing, consulting and/or direct service development; or a bachelor’s degree and at least 7-10 years of relevant experience;
- Experience with or understanding of cost and pricing strategies;
- Experience in working in environments that support student support professionals preferred;
- Knowledge of current advising strategies, particularly approaches that are data-informed and technology-driven;
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is adaptable to a fast-paced, diverse, dynamic, and results-oriented culture;
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on written communication in a variety of mediums;
- Proven strong analytical and research skills and a high tolerance for detail with the ability to convey complex concepts in a clear, concise, and logical manner to a variety of audiences;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; and,
- Proficiency in the use of computers and application software in a networked environment.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit the following for consideration:
- a letter of interest with salary requirements;
- a relevant and recent writing sample
A complete set of materials should be emailed to Amanda Olmstead, Assistant Director of Network Management, at [email protected] Materials received by October 31, 2020 will receive priority consideration but review will continue until the position is filled. No calls, please.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert