Senior Communications and Annual Fund Coordinator
DOVE, Inc. (Domestic Violence Ended)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 02269
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
DOVE is committed to partnering with diverse communities, families, and individuals impacted by domestic or partner violence. We promote hope, healing, safety, and social change by providing a broad range of preventive and responsive services.
DOVE's Statement of Welcome and Affirmation
DOVE provides services to individuals impacted by domestic violence and welcomes refugee and immigrant survivors both documented and undocumented, people with disabilities, people who are D/deaf or hard of hearing, people of color, and LGBQ/T and gender non-conforming individuals.
DOVE (Domestic Violence Ended), Inc. was founded in 1978 and has since grown from one crisis hotline to a comprehensive multi-services organization. DOVE is the only domestic violence organization in Norfolk County. DOVE provides a range of services for individuals who have experienced abuse, including a 24-hour hotline, emergency shelter, safety assessment and planning, supportive education and counseling, support groups, legal assistance, assistance accessing governmental and community-based services, and community outreach and education. At DOVE, we believe that all people have the right to live free from the fear of abuse. At our core, DOVE's work is about fostering healthier and safer relationships for all.
The Senior Communications & Annual Fund Coordinator works as part of a team with the Director of Marketing & Philanthropy and the Events & Community Engagement Coordinator to manage the day-to-day operations of DOVE’s fundraising and development efforts to increase philanthropic support for DOVE’s work.
Primary areas of focus include: donor database management, including data analysis, reporting, and acknowledgement letters; donor relations and communications; annual fund implementation and oversight; website design and maintenance; and print and electronic communications (social media, press releases, writing and coordination of print materials).
Roles & Responsibilities
Development and Communications
- Support the Director of Marketing & Philanthropy with al aspects of DOVE's development events, PR, communications, and marketing activities.
- Lead and coordinate donor correspondence and mailings, including thank you letters, appeal letters, Holiday and Valentines cards, and other communities, ensuring that activities are personalized, well-written, and sent to constituents in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement moves-management plans for annual fund donors, intended to maintain and grow DOVE's philanthropic support.
- Collaborate with Events and Community Engagement Coordinator with all pre-event strategic planning, lending a hand as needed in event ramp up.
- Steward and cultivate donors before and at events (e.g. securing sponsors and table captains) especially as they relate to engaging individuals donors and volunteers.
- Serve as liaison with the accountant regarding reconciliation of monthly donations and event revenue.
- Co-manage with Events and Community Engagement Coordinator DOVE's event management software and donor databases, Greater Giving and Bloomerang, including performing accurate and timely data entry and reconciliation with the accountants. Maintain donor records electronically and in hard copy. Ensure accurate donor record-keeping and compliance with regulatory standards; assist with the audit process.
- Lead and coordinate DOVE's social media communications efforts. Coordinate or support available interns' development of Giving Tuesday Campaign. Post regularly to social media outlets (e.g., e-communications, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade the organization's website via Wix Website Builder. Lead the team in managing and creating content for DOVE's website, including coordinating content with DOVE program staff and writing content. Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Oversee media coverage and publicity for contributions from individuals and businesses where photographs are needed and press releases are to be written.
- Write for and coordinate content and design for DOVE's communication print pieces including: electronic and hard copy newsletters, annual report, brochures, and promotional materials for survivor services.
- Maintain and update media outlet list.
- Represent DOVE at community evets, to current and prospective donors, elected officials, funders, corporate supporters, and other outside constituents.
- Assist Executive Director and Director of Marketing & Philanthropy with special projects as needed.
- Attend and participate in supervision meetings, staff/team and committee meetings, Board and its committee meetings as necessary, and other internal and external trainings.
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks as needed (i.e., answering phone, copying, receiving deliveries and donations, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Full-time (40hr/wk), non-exempt position, generally Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, with regular schedule variations based on business needs. The incumbent will be required to work at other times to participate in event planning meetings/community events, to include periodic evening and weekend hours.
During the current COVID-19 public health crisis, the incumbent has the option to work virtually some days of the week, and may need to be on-site 1-2 days weekly, as negotiated with supervisor.
Your Skill Set:
Following is a summary of the key attributes of the successful candidate:
- You are well organized, have excellent attention to detail, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks at a quick place and follow through to completion.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills.
- You are tech-savvy with a high level of proficiency with the internet and technology, including websites, social media, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience working in Wix Website Builder preferred.
- You have some knowledge of donor databases and can learn new systems quickly. Experience working in Bloomerang and Greater Giving preferred.
- You present professionally and have the ability to work well with Board members, donors and supporters, and survivors engaged with DOVE.
- You are able to manage time efficiently and meet required deadlines consistently.
- You have a positive approach, can-do attitude, sense of humor, are flexible, and can trouble-shoot, triage, and stay poised and calm under pressure.
- You have a solid work ethic, can work independently, are self-motivated, self-reliant, and dependable.
- You can work effectively, collaboratively, and creatively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong writing skills will be required.
- You have a strong commitment to DOVE's mission and goals.
- You have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and willingness to travel.
- You can climb and descend stairs and lift/carry up to 30 pounds.
- You are committed to providing documentation of 35-hours of domestic violence training upon hire or complete DOVE's 35-hour Domestic Violence Training within the first year of hire.
- CORI (Criminal Offender Record Inquiry) check upon offer of hire.
- FTE annual range = $45,000-$50,000 depending on skills and experience.
Benefits: DOVE is committed to working for social and economic justice, working with engaged and dedicated colleagues, and providing and ensuring training and education in best practices as well as professional development opportunities. As an organization we hold openness to innovation, and we seek the opportunity and resources to do meaningful, impactful work. Benefits consistent with personnel policy:
- Paid time off: Vacation (3 weeks in Year 1, increases at Year 3), Personal Days (3 days/year)
- Sick time (12 days/year), and 12 Holidays
- Insurance coverage (Health/Dental, Short-Term Disability, and Life).
- Opportunity for individual to establish and contribute to retirement account.
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
- To apply, send cover letter specifically for this position and a resume to
Ms. Dawn Hayes, Director, Marketing & Philanthropy, at [email protected].
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
- Applications or resumes without a cover letter expressing interest in employment at DOVE will not be considered.
For more information on DOVE, see our website: www.dovema.org
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert