Director, Curriculum Design & Innovation
Collaborative for Children
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 77008
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Collaborative for Children's mission is to meaningfully improve the quality of early childhood education and care for Greater Houston's children through those who are most influential in their lives.
Provide leadership and vision in the ongoing
planning, development, implementation, direction, review, and evaluation of early
learning curriculum, as well as in the professional development for mentors and
teachers that result in measurable positive child outcomes.
- Lead a curriculum team in the development and evaluation of early learning curriculum
- Consult with content leaders from the ECE community in the design and development of curriculum
- Coordinate the review/assessment of curriculum
- Prepare instructional material for printing and develop outlines with the necessary basic detail to direct instruction
- Use evaluations and data to make recommendations for how to improve and edit curriculum on an annual basis.
- Develop curricular goals and outlines for new curriculum and curriculum updates
- Actively pursue opportunities to continue to learn best practices in curriculum writing through research, professional devleo9pment and other learning opportunities
TEACHER/MENTOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Develop professional learning opportunities that will train teachers/mentors in best practices in early childhood education
- Seek best practices in mentor/teacher professional development through research
- Provide support to instructional coaches using designated curricula, including coaching on teaching strategies and assisting in leading classroom activities and lessons
STAFF MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
- Participate in the selection and onboarding of new staff
- Clarify expectations and scope of responsibility with all direct reports
- Collaborate with staff to establish goals and to monitor/evaluate progress
- Coach, mentor and develop staff skill sets and professional development
- Provide regular feedback and support as well as technical assistance
- Monitor the development and timely distribution of program reporting
- Establish, evaluate and monitor revenue/expense budget on a monthly basis to ensure budget targets are achieved.
EDUCATION - Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4 year college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, child psychology, educational psychology, elementary education, or family consumer science OR Master's degree, preferably in education or curriculum and instruction. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED ARE: (1) Minimum 5 years of work experience in an early childhood setting (2) 1-3 years educational leadership experience (3) bilingual fluency in English and Spanish, or other language, an asset (4) Prior leadership experience in guiding and directing staff (5) demonstrated experience in communication to clearly explain curriculum and instruction trends to stakeholders (6) Demonstrated decision-making experience in making informed choices about instructional methods and curriculum materials (7) Possess analytical thinking and the ability to evaluate student performance data, teaching strategies and curriculum materials and then make recommendations based on the analysis.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Go to company website to apply: www.collabforchildren.org
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert