Business Development Specialist
Collaborative for Children
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Business Development
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 77008
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Collaborative for Children's mission is to meaningfully improve the quality of early childhood education and care for Greater Houston's children through those who are most influential in their lives.
POSITION SUMMARY - Screen and recruit child care programs to receive mentoring and training to improve their business viability and compliance with child care licensing as specified by the project to support the overall agency goal of assessing child outcomes for kindergarten readiness
PROVIDE CONSULTATION AND SUPPORT TO CHILDCARE PROFESSIONALS
- Establish trust and build supportive, professional relationships with early childhood directors participating in the project
- Develop business viability and license compliance improvement action plans based on screening and other needs assessment data
- Ensure that improvement action plans focus on specific tasks, skills and/or techniques that can be mastered or measured
- Using a variety of coaching methodologies and approaches, encourage, support and work interactively with early childhood directors to implement business viability and license compliance improvements.
- To maintain continued program viability and licensing compliance, provide virtual and on-site training, referrals, consultations and insight to high-deficiency providers
- Record all visits and communications with childcare programs in designated database.
PROVIDE TRAINING TO CHILDCARE PROFESSIONALS
- Assist with provider compliance monitoring through various databases, including the TRS app, TXDFPS Child Care licensing website and the Collaborative for Children financial screening tool.
- Work closely with other staff to coordinate service delivery options to ensure maximum participation from child care program directors.
PROVIDE AND ASSESS DATA NEEDED FOR DOCUMENTATION AND EVALUATION
- Compile data in agency or other project reports as requested
- Submit data and/or reports in a timely manner
EDUCATION - Bachelor's degree in early childhood education, elementary education, psychology and/or business-related preferred. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: (1) minimum of 5 years childcare experience required in an early childhood education (ECE) or program administration setting and/or a business administration setting (2) Demonstrated knowledge of child care minimum licensing standards (3) Possess aptitude for interpersonal relationship-building (4) Possess a dedicated customer service orientation and responsiveness to internal and external customers (clients and staff) (5) ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and completely, orally and in writing (6) Demonstrated organizational skills and detail orientation, accuracy and completeness in record keeping, documentation creation an editing in all assigned areas of responsibility (7) Ability to work with a diverse client base in an unbiased and just manner (8) Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision, with a high degree of personal initiative and exercising sound judgment in evaluating situations that arise (9) Flexibility in response and approach to project assignments (10) Commitment to working in teams as well as independently and with demonstrated leadership skills (11) Ability to prioritize and balance time sensitive priorities and multiple projects and tasks while maintaining a high level of quality (12) Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish, or other language, an asset
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Apply on website for Collaborative for Children: www.collabforchildren.org
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert