Chief Executive Officer
Bay Area Rescue Mission
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Housing/Shelter
Postal code: 94801
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Fighting Homelessness. Changing Lives.
Purpose Statement: To share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the homeless and needy and empower them to change their world.
The President/CEO is the primary Shepherd/Leader of the ministry and is responsible for professional and Godly leadership and the operations of: Administration, Finance, Development, Programs, Human Resources, and Facilities. The President/CEO is responsible for safeguarding the spiritual and operational wellbeing of the Ministry as it aligns with the Bay Area Rescue Mission’s Statement of Purpose, Statement of Beliefs, By-Laws, and Organizational policies. The President/CEO is responsible for the appropriate use and protection of ministry assets and careful stewardship of those things under the Bay Area Rescue Mission’s name. The President/CEO serves as an Officer of the Board of Directors with full rights and responsibilities of a Member of the Board of Directors. Collaborates with Board Chair to set agendas for monthly Board Meetings.
- Provide leadership and oversight over primary ministry operations including: Development/Fundraising, Finance, Programs, HR, Operations, and Administration.
Increase the Bay Area Rescue Mission’s funding capabilities and directly guide and participate in associated activities.
- Oversee the development of the Annual operating and capital budgets working closely with the VP of Finance and Operations, other key staff members and the Board of Directors.
- Ultimately responsible for the integrity and solvency of Mission finances and assets.
- Assure that the spiritual integrity and purpose in programs are in place to fulfill “sharing the gospel with the homeless and needy, empowering them to change their world”.
- Ensure that all endeavors are carried out in accordance with Bay Area Rescue Mission’s purpose.
- In collaboration with staff and the Board of Directors, based on Budget constraints, and bathed in prayer, recommend and present to the Board of Directors appropriate expansion and/or modifications to ministry and subsequently to implement the Board’s desire.
- Engage in community, media, corporate, church, and key donor relationships to represent Bay Area Rescue Mission, to strengthen relationships, and to ensure organizational integrity.
- The President/CEO is responsible for hiring, evaluation, discipline, and dismissal of Bay Area Rescue Mission staff and/or delegation of such as appropriate.
- Responsible for nurturing the leadership and managerial skill of the organization through coaching and mentoring Direct Reports which may include (but may not be limited to):
o Vice President of Development
o Vice President of Finance and Operations
o Vice President of Programs and Ministry
o Director of Human Resources
o Executive Administrative Assistant
- Set and/or collaborate with Executive Leadership to establish goals/KPIs for departments and employees. Uphold accountabilities across the ministry.
- Mature, grounded Christian who has a call from God to minister through a gospel rescue mission and who demonstrates character traits of integrity, trustworthiness, and accountability.
- Active participant of a Bible-teaching church whose theology is aligned with our Statement of Faith.
- Experienced leader and professional executive who possesses sound analytic ability, good discernment and judgement, a proven track record of developing other leaders, and a strong relational and operational focus, with appropriate industry experience.
- Strategic visionary: must possess clarity of vision; able to define, communicate, align, and implement.
- Forward-thinking with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Excellent leadership and teambuilding skills. Able to practice coaching and collaboration to promote stewardship, accountability, teamwork, and attainment of established goals/KPIs.
- College or Seminary degree with 10+ years of increasingly responsible experience in leadership and/or ministry
- Proven experience in successfully leading an organization (ministry or non-profit preferred) with similar or larger organization and budget
Health, dental, matching 403b up to 5%, paid vacation and sick with availability to bank excess, holidays, cell reimbursement, vehicle expense, and more.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
The Bay Area Rescue Mission (BARM) is a non-denominational Christian ministry located in the heart of Richmond, California. The right candidate will be aligned with our Statement of Faith and Qualifications for Employment. Interested and qualified individuals should submit their resume and salary requirements to [email protected].
Posted By: Career Cross Training
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert