Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 02108
Country: United States
For over 40 years, CEDAC has helped to strengthen communities across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by providing non-profit community development organizations with the financial resources they need to build quality affordable housing and child care facilities. Additionally, our staff of professionals help affordable housing developers, child care providers, and workforce development professionals with the technical assistance they need to turn an idea into reality. Our early stage capital and predevelopment loans has led to the production of thousands of affordable housing units from Boston to the Berkshires, and to quality child care centers in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
is an entry-level accounting position in a successful, mission-driven community
economic development organization serving Massachusetts. The Community Economic Development Assistance
Corporation (CEDAC) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and
encourages applications from candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and
ethnic backgrounds. CEDAC will provide
job-specific training as well as professional development opportunities.
is a public-private organization which provides technical assistance and loans
to community-based non-profit development organizations. CEDAC assists community development corporations,
supportive housing nonprofits, and other non-profit developers to construct,
rehabilitate, and acquire affordable housing.
In addition, through its affiliate, the Children’s Investment Fund,
CEDAC also assists non-profit child care centers to improve their facilities. Please visit our website at cedac.org for additional information about our work.
Accounting Associate will join a diverse team of twenty-four employees,
including a five-member finance team. The finance team plays a critical role in
helping CEDAC to carry out its mission to develop and preserve affordable
housing and to support community-based economic development.
How to administer organizational employee payroll and benefits.
How to review detailed borrower loan requisitions for the
construction of affordable housing.
How to administer accounts receivable.
How to administer organizational employee time tracking system.
And through general work exposure and specific professional
development opportunities, learn about the fields of affordable housing, child care
facilities, and community-based economic development in Massachusetts.
We are looking for:
· Proficiency with Excel.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to exercise initiative, to work well under pressure as necessary, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision required.
· Good written and oral communications skills.
· Experience in internships and summer jobs.
· Interest in affordable housing or child care a plus.
· Ability to work remotely at this time. CEDAC’s offices are located at 18 Tremont Street in Boston, but currently, due to the COVID-19 crisis, staff are working remotely from their homes. CEDAC provides computer equipment for working remotely.
· Associate degree or BA degree in accounting or related field.
· Prior direct experience may be substituted for college-level coursework or degree.
You will receive:
- Full-time starting salary in the range of $42,000 -- $44,000.
- Excellent fringe benefit package, including: health, dental, life, and disability insurance (please note that at the current time, CEDAC pays the full medical and dental insurance HMO premium for employees and their qualified dependents.
- Section 125 flexible spending account for medical and dependent care.
- 403(b) deferred compensation plan, vesting immediately.
- Three weeks paid vacation to start.
- Thirteen paid holidays.
- Three personal days.
- Twelve sick days.
- Flexible work schedule, if needed, due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter (telling us why you are interested in this position) no later than November 30, 2020. We will review applications as we receive them.
Please send your application to: [email protected] (we prefer emailed submissions)
or mail to: Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation
18 Tremont Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108
Attention: Accounting Associate Search
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert