Director of Training & Development
OIC of South Florida
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: Fort Lauderdale
Postal code: 33309
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The mission of OIC of South Florida is to be a leader in providing quality self-help skills and employment opportunities for disadvantaged and underemployed residents of South Florida; thus, assisting them to become self-sufficient and productive members of society.
This position is responsible for the organization and management of the OIC Workforce Academy, delivery of training services, and supervision of the Training and Development Department including all client intake, assessment, education and vocational training. Also accountable for the development and implementation of training strategies, plans and processes to support organizational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of all education and training programs, curricula and delivery strategies for OIC-SFL clients.
- Managing and development of vocational training programs that lead to industry credible credentials.
- Management and development of the OIC Workforce Academy
- Develop OIC’s program for individual training accounts
- Conceptualizes and plans appropriate research and data analysis of workforce employment trends. Identifies legislation and industry changes preparing briefs and reports.
- Conducts periodic employer assessments, client achievement data and survey data, including longitudinal analyses and inferential analyses.
- Development of pre and post assessment tolls in order to measure and report student learning gains.
- In-depth understanding of traditional and modern training methods (including workshops, simulations, e-learning and coaching)
- Supports and contributes to organizations development efforts to include grant writing activities in order sustain program activities.
- Design and implementation of a comprehensive client Intake, Assessment and Employability Plan process.
- Coordinating efforts to ensure the full utilization of all training facilities, processes, resources and equipment.
- Working closely with management to ensure training policies, programs and processes are developed, implemented, communicated and consistently administered in compliance with organizational objectives and with relevant laws/regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining OIC’s credentialing licensure with Florida Department, Commission for Independent Education (CIE), including preparation of annual and bi-annual application.
- Managing, leading, motivating, evaluating and developing all unit staff.
- Addressing and developing strategies for resolving training issues.
- Continually identifying training approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of training services.
- Collaborating with Employment & Business Services Managers and all other members of management team in order to deliver relevant trainings for all OIC stakeholders and students.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or required based on the needs of the business.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Learning and Development, Psychology, or Human Resources. Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in workforce development and/or education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing curriculum and instructional strategies.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience supervising staff in the process of meeting agency goals and objectives.
- Minimum 5years of experience working with budgets and monitoring program expenditures.
- Previous experiences in working with a team to develop grants and solicit funding.
- Proficiency in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Hands-on experience with project management and budgeting.
- Ability to conduct basic level computer skills training to adult learners.
- Outstanding presentation skills and experience in developing and delivering instructor-led and interactive workshops.
- An understanding of adult pedagogy.
- Strong administrative and technological skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative, and to work independently and as part of project teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines.
- Ability to operate in an organized fashion with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with a diverse student-client population.
- Sound knowledge of multiple barriers faced by student-clients re-entering society and the workforce.
- Must be dynamic and self-directed with excellent command of English language.
- This position will require independent travel between agency resource centers and other venues as required by position. Must maintain valid DL and insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times during employment.
- Performing the duties of this position requires the ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach, speak and hear as well as the ability to lift presentation materials, including marketing equipment.
- Bilingual (English, Spanish, French, Creole) skills a plus, but not required.
Competitive Benefits Package offered
- Health plan includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Employer-paid benefits include STD, LTD, ADD/Life; 403B retirement/investment savings plan.
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should email their resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert