Senior Manager, Financial Institutions Engagement
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Environment
Postal code: 02111
Country: United States
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org). Here is more information on the Ceres Accelerator https://www.ceres.org/accelerator.
Senior Manager, Financial Institutions Engagement, Ceres Accelerator for Sustainable Capital Markets
Description & Responsibilities
This a full-time position, preferably based in the Boston or New York City area. This position is designed for a highly motivated, self-starter with prior policy campaign experience looking to be an advocate for strong and effective climate and clean energy policies, especially in the financial sector. The position will report to the Managing Director, Ceres Accelerator for Sustainable Capital Markets.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with Accelerator, Company Network, Investor Network and Policy teams to lead outreach to support bank engagement strategy.
- Lead the development of events, activities and outreach for the bank engagement effort. Might also support insurance industry outreach.
- Work with Ceres team to drive an external campaign to get bank (and possibly insurance) leadership to address climate change as a financial risk.
- Coordinate outreach with investors, regulators and other influencers of the banking industry
- Drive strategies to impact the banking and other financial institutions, industry, regulators, and other influencers using earned media.Use earned media, advocacy days, national & regional meetings, direct engagement with policymakers, and other strategies to impact banking industry, regulators and other influencers.
- Develop, maintain, and expand relationships with external partners and key allies, such as non-profits, trade associations, think tanks, communications firms, lobbyists working in and associated with financial institutions.
- Prepare materials and support Ceres staff and investor, Policy & Company Network members to engage with the press, regulators, legislative staffers, and lawmakers on banking issues. Coordinate closely with financial regulator outreach efforts at state and federal level.
- Recruit investors and business leaders, in coordination with the Investor Network and policy teams, to engage in advocacy on financial institutions.
- Help craft fundraising proposals to support the project and program work.
- As needed, participate in meetings with current and potential funders.
- Support organizing and logistical activities related to Ceres’ Annual Conference.
- Handle other duties for Ceres and Ceres Accelerator as requested.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
At least seven years of professional experience in the financial services sector.
Direct experience working on policy and/or communications preferred.
Experience in the financial sector not required but a significant plus
Demonstrated ability to bring a nuanced advocacy perspective to both analysis and corporate engagement and to make clear recommendations for actions and next steps.
Prior experience in working on complex projects or campaigns a plus.
Effective presentation style as well as strong speaking and written communication skills.
Experience in relationship management and developing partnerships.
Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative, and motivation.
Demonstrated strong project management skills of multiple, complex projects.
Planning expertise and delivering projects on deadline and within time and resource budgets.
Ability to work as part of a team and to take a collaborative approach.
Ability to bring a positive outlook to working at Ceres.
Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
Willingness to travel as needed.
Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
$75k - 90k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Click here to apply - https://jobapply.page.link/Us9J
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert