Position Type: Board
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 07726
State: New Jersey
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Navicore Solutions strengthens the well-being of individuals and families through education, guidance, advocacy and support.
Founded in 1991, Navicore Solutions is a national leader in the field of nonprofit financial counseling. What sets our organization apart is the quality and depth of our counseling model, as well as our longstanding commitment to acting in the best interest of our clients. We provide compassionate counseling solutions to consumers nationwide in the areas of personal finance, consumer credit, student loans, disaster recovery, foreclosure prevention and housing. A national 501(c)(3) organization, Navicore Solutions operates 11 offices in 11 states nationwide and our certified counselors assist more than 65,000 consumers each year through in-person, telephone and Internet counseling across the United States.
The Board of Trustees support the work of Navicore Solutions and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Navicore Solutions’ Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Board-Officer relationship is a collaboration. Specific Board member responsibilities include:
Leadership, Governance, and Oversight:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director and COO.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to Board and Committee meetings.
- Review and approve Navicore Solutions’ annual budget, audit reports and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Contribute to a performance evaluation of the Executive Director.
- Partner with the Executive Director, COO and other Board Members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Serve on committees or task forces and take on special assignments as needed.
- Represent Navicore Solutions to stakeholders and act as an ambassador for the organization.
- Ensure Navicore Solutions’ commitment to having a diverse Board and staff that reflects the communities Navicore Solutions serves.
Navicore Solutions’ Trustees serve a one-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for one or more additional terms. Quarterly Board Meetings are generally held in February, May, August and November each year, with the February meeting held in-person at our Navicore Solutions headquarters in Manalapan, New Jersey and the May, August and November meetings held via teleconference.
Active participation on at least one committee is encouraged. Our current committees are structured as follows:
- Audit Committee: This committee ensures that the company’s financial information is being completed on a timely and accurate basis and that audits are completed as required with appropriate follow-up on any findings.
- Compensation Committee: This committee is responsible for determination of Officers’ compensation by designing (in consultation with management or the Board), recommending to the Board for approval, and evaluating the compensation plans, policies and programs of the Organization. The Committee shall ensure that compensation programs are designed to encourage high performance, promote accountability and assure that employee interests are aligned with the interests of the Organization as a not-for-profit organization.
- Nominating Committee: This committee is responsible identifying and vetting qualified Trustee candidates of high professionalism and achievement who would assist the Board in the completion of its responsibilities and to otherwise fulfill the mission of the Organization and recommend them to the full Board for appointment to the Board of Trustees.
- Finance Committee: This committee is responsible for reviewing and communicating to the Board financial policies, goals and budgets set by the Organization that support the mission, values, and strategic goals of the Organization and shall assist the Board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities relating to fiscal management by reviewing financial results and providing feedback and recommendations where applicable.
- Executive Committee: This committee exercises powers of the Board in relation to pressing and urgent matters that arise between regularly scheduled Board meetings or when it is not practical or feasible for the Board to meet. The Committee is delegated the authority to act as the full Board when exercising the powers and authority under its Charter and consists of the Board Chair, Finance Committee Chair, Executive Director and CEO or President.
Committee Meetings are generally held by teleconference as needed throughout the year.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for individuals who are passionate about Navicore Solutions’ mission and who have a track record of leadership. Selected Trustees will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, education or the non-profit sector as well as the following:
- Extensive professional experience with leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, education, or the non-profit sector.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building a consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the financial lives of community members.
- The ability to focus attention on guiding principles and strategic inquiry, discussion, debate, and delivery.
- The willingness to meet the disclosure accountabilities required of Trustees serving organizations in Navicore Solutions’ regulated financial sector. You will be required to provide the following:
- Your personal financial statement and completion of a financial questionnaire
- Fingerprints for states as needed (this is arranged for you at a convenient location, such as home, work, etc., whenever possible)
- Your full name and any previous names
- Your current home address and any previous addresses over the last 15 years
- Date and place of birth
- Social Security number
- All phone numbers (work, home, cell)
- Email addresses (personal, work)
- Present occupation (business address, nature of business, title, phone, email, name of immediate supervisor)
- Past occupations and business activities
- Current affiliations with other boards or entities
- Educational history (name and address of school, date of attendance, major area of study, degree granted and date)
- Your Resume, C.V., or Biography
- Driver’s license number, state, and expiration (also provide a copy of your license)
- Height and weight
- Hair color and eye color
- Country of Citizenship
- Three character references (names, addresses, and how long you have known each other)
- Three professional references (names only)
- Marital status and name of spouse, if applicable
- Military service, if applicable (branch of service, years served, grade or rank, and discharge information)
- Passport number, Visa type, country of Issue, expiration date (also provide a copy of your passport)
- List of checking, savings and any borrowing relationships in excess of $10,000, for both personal and business purposes
- List each professional license held, if applicable (nature of license, date issued, number of license, licensing agency and address)
- Any other matters you feel bear upon your character, experience, and general fitness to serve on the board of a consumer credit counseling agency
- Create a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) Account, attest to information in NMLS and authorize the Credit Report Request and Criminal Background Check Request
*At any given time, regulatory bodies can request updated information on our Trustees that can include any of the items described above
Service on Novadebt’s Board of Trustees is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Trustees’ duties.
Unpaid Board Position
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please provide a current curriculum vitae along with your cover letter to Navicore Solutions' Corporate Secretary, Kelly Zambrano, by email at: [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert