We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
• 5+ years of experience working in leadership roles in community-based nonprofit organization(s) is preferred;
• Prior experience in management and/or organizational development consulting is required;
• Demonstrable knowledge of and experience in implementing organizational theory and practices, assessments, group dynamics and facilitation techniques especially in a nonprofit context is required;
• Excellent interpersonal, program management and leadership skills are necessary;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary;
• Commitment to participatory management and shared leadership practices is necessary;
• A commitment to and experience working in the social justice, racial and economic equity or related field is strongly preferred;
• Experience and skill working with a diverse range of stakeholders is required;
• Demonstrable skills in utilizing culturally competent frameworks is required;
• Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple, competing priorities is required;
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment is required;
• Must be able to travel periodically as necessary.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
• Handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
• Reach; traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); occasionally ascend/descend; and position self (to) move;
• Occasionally lift and/or move up materials or equipment;
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
• Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
• Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
• Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
TSNE envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.