Director of People and Culture
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 87104
State: New Mexico
Country: United States
Dedicated to helping entrepreneurs and business owners generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success, DreamSpring offers business loans from $1,000 to $2 million, along with training, networking and other support services to those who own or want to start a business. To date, the organization has made over 17,250 loans totaling more than $210 million to entrepreneurs in nearly 690 communities across the states that it serves. A map of DreamSpring service regions can be found at www.dreamspring.org/loans.
Celebrating its twenty-sixth year in promoting economic inclusion, DreamSpring has earned the “Exceptional” four-star rating nine years in a row from Charity Navigator, the independent national nonprofit evaluator -- an achievement shared with only 3 percent of the charities assessed by this independent national nonprofit evaluator. This top designation sets DreamSpring apart as exceeding industry standards and outperforming most nonprofits, offering donors the confidence they are supporting a model organization that exemplifies financial health, accountability, and transparency.
Under the longtime leadership of its President/CEO Anne Haines, DreamSpring has embarked on a multi- year plan to realize a tenfold increase in scale and impact. To support this organizational growth, DreamSpring now seeks a Director of People & Culture (Director). The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of best practices and values-based approaches to recruit, assess, grow, and retain top-quality, diverse talent and foster an equitable, high performing, and values-driven organizational culture. S/He/They will bring the capacity and experience to implement, coach, and advise senior leaders, peers, and DreamSpring team members on effective talent management practices. The Director will strengthen and build the Human Resources (HR) function to best support the organization at this critical moment and oversee talent acquisition, diversity, equity, and inclusion, talent development and learning, performance management, total rewards, and employee wellness, as well as manage relationships with external advisors, consultants, and service providers.
This search is being conducted by Linh Nguyen and Britni Russell-Bianchi of NPAG. Application instructions can be found at the end of this document.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President/Chief Strategy Officer, and supported by a People & Culture Administrator and various external advisors, consultants, and service providers, the Director for People & Culture will manage all the programs of the full employee lifecycle to ensure staff are supported, engaged, and motivated to do their best work – from recruitment to onboarding, talent management, performance management and learning and development, compensation and benefits, to transition management and offboarding. S/he/they will partner with external advisors and consultants as appropriate to evaluate, develop, and implement HR programs across the organization.
The Director’s duties include:
- Overall provision of human resources services, policies, and programs, including the maintenance of employee data and information, compensation and benefits, organizational policies, and employee handbook that align with organizational values and comply with federal, country, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of an effective recruiting strategy and recruiting partner relationships in markets served by DreamSpring.
- Recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of DreamSpring leaders, staff and interns, leveraging recruiting partner relationships as appropriate.
- Development, implementation, and continual improvement of DreamSpring’s performance management system and related practices to ensure top performance and retention of talent.
- Providing for and directing supervisor training, including expectations of supervisors, practices for effective supervision and accountability for supervisee performance.
- Planning, development, and implementation of human resource programs to support the organization including stewarding the people component of DreamSpring’s strategic plan.
- Serving as an advisor to the DreamSpring leadership team, proactively identifying and improving areas of weakness regarding talent, structures, processes, and organizational culture.
- Building relationships with departments and leaders across the organization to increase communication and transparency and to provide teams with needed HR support.
- Serving as a tactful HR leader for employees to discuss and problem-solve confidential and personal experiences within the organization.
- Stewarding the organization’s values and culture in partnership with senior leadership -- playing a critical role in creating strategies that promote employee engagement, development, performance, and retention and fostering a workplace that supports equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborating in DreamSpring’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) committee/working group to evaluate, modify, and implement equitable organization-wide policies and systems that embrace and advance diversity at all levels of the organization.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all privileged information.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
While no one candidate will possess all of the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will be passionate about DreamSpring’s mission and bring many of the following:
A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and six years of human resources administration experience. Human Resource certification preferred. Bi-lingual preferred. Computer proficiency required. Excellent writing skills. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in compensation structure and administration.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and trends in leave administration and human resources.
- Knowledge of Intern and Employee Policy and Procedures for references.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and trends in recruitment and employment; compensation and benefits; record-keeping systems; and performance development and evaluation systems.
- Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment.
- Skill in coaching and consulting with executive level employees.
- Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
- Skill in supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
- Skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing operational and statistical reports.
- Skill in budget preparation and administration.
- Record management skills.
- Ability to interpret applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and maintain a filing system.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers and vendors.
- Ability to provide project management and document work in progress when collaborating with others and carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict timelines.
- Ability to be persuasive and tactful in controversial situations.
- Ability to demonstrate passion around the work of DreamSpring.
- Ability to recognize and appreciate the pioneering spirit.
- All actions, behavior and results have integrity.
- Holds oneself and others accountable for behavior, actions and results.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
This search is being conducted by Linh Nguyen and Britni Russell-Bianchi of the national search firm NPAG. Nominations and applications, including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and your resume (in Word or PDF format) should be submitted to: [email protected]. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type your name (Last, First) as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail.
DreamSpring is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
Posted By: NPAG
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert