Special Education (Online Learning)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Community/Capacity Building
City: Jamaica Plain
Postal code: 02130
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation (JPNDC) is a 43-year-old community development corporation with the mission of transforming lives and amplifying the voices of Boston residents who have been excluded from prosperity by an inequitable economic system. We develop affordable housing that allows people to thrive, provide services that help people build on their strengths, and organize people to pursue the changes they desire.
JPNDC’s Economic Prosperity Services (EPS) department has over 20 years of results helping Boston families and small businesses build income and assets. Core activities include the delivery of early education, small business technical assistance, and family prosperity services to low-income people who are predominantly immigrants, people of color, and women.
The Education Specialist will take the lead to plan and deliver online training. She/he will prepare and facilitate new online training activities for adult learners by: 1) leveraging adult learning principles to prepare online training curricula, and 2) executing cross-team collaboration to implement new online training activities to enhance participants’ skills applicable to business, early education and financial capability.
Note: Although a primary goal for the Education Specialist’s role is to develop the online learning capacity of the EPS department, we plan to resume in-person training when health conditions permit, and ultimately, we envision a training model that combines online and in-person learning.
● REQUIRED: Bilingual in English and Spanish.
● REQUIRED: Experience designing and facilitating online learning for adults.
○ Experience teaching adults how to use Zoom and other online tools.
● REQUIRED: Proficient at using, and teaching others how to use, Zoom, Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
● STRONGLY PREFERRED: Bachelor, or Associate degree in Education or a related field.
● Minimum 3 years of professional work experience designing and facilitating adult learning.
● Understanding of, and experience in, applying adult learning theory in designing engaging, impactful learning activities and experiences.
● Knowledge of popular education methodology.
● Experience coaching facilitators and/or leading facilitator training preferred.
● Ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a deadline-oriented environment.
● Strong oral, written and visual communication skills.
● Strong commitment to social justice.
Employment Terms/Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with a generous benefit package. Salary negotiable depending on experience. Flexible schedule, working remotely and in office. Must be available for evening online workshops on a scheduled basis.
Salary between $58,000 and $62,000
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert