Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Carole Robertson Center for Learning
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 60612
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
The Carole Robertson Center for Learning (the Center) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to educating, enriching, and empowering children and families through comprehensive child and family development programs.
Our vision is to help build a just and equitable society, in partnership with families, and be a beacon of best practices, innovation and impact in early childhood and youth development.
The Carole Robertson Center for Learning (the Center) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to educating, enriching, and empowering children and families through comprehensive child and family development programs. Our vision is to help build a just and equitable society, in partnership with families, and be a beacon of best practices, innovation and impact in early childhood and youth development.
Carole Robertson Center for Learning (the Center) seeks to hire a visionary, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded COO. The COO’s primary responsibilities will be to grow the capacity of the Center, lead with impact, and develop a performance culture among a team of diverse, passionate, and talented individuals. The COO will support others at the Center towards delivering measurable, effective results that are actionable and attainable. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the COO will propel tremendous impact by focusing on the refinement and optimization of day-to-day operations through the organization.
The COO will be a strategic and results-oriented leader, charged with establishing and implementing internal systems and processes to drive growth, efficiency, effectiveness, collaboration, and continuous improvement across the organization. This position will serve as a key partner to the CEO, providing input to the ongoing development of services and support of the organization’s strategic initiatives.
The COO will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each team member brings to the Center’s mission. The COO will bring efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity and growth of the organization, critical to retaining and building on the Center’s current trajectory.
- Minimum Master’s Degree from accredited college/university in business, education, nonprofit management, and/or human services field required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in executive management within the non-profit and social services sector.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience overseeing operational growth, strategy, and development in complex structural environments.
- Previous experience leading Human Resources, Operations, Information Technology, and Facilities functions.
- Proven track record of effectively leading operations within a direct service organization.
- Must be action-oriented, entrepreneurial, agile, and nimble.
- Must possess innovative approaches to operational management.
- Must possess excellence in organizational management with an ability to coach senior level employees to manage and develop high functioning performance teams.
- Ability to be a strategic thought partner.
- Ability to prioritize and communicate to team members key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to develop and implement quality programs and data-driven program evaluation strategies.
- Ability to leverage strengths across multiple program areas.
- Ability to set priorities decisively, delegate responsibilities, assure accountability and allocate resources to ensure results.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational change management, transformation projects and program development.
- Ability to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Strong financial acumen in the creation and monitoring of budgets including procurement activities.
- Unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrates passion, humility, integrity as a leader.
- Exudes a positivity, compassion, and care in every facet of the role.
401K, Medical, Dental, Life, Vision
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the online application to: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/carole-robertson-center-for-learning-fad34c30/chief-operating-officer-coo-18bf628c
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert