The ideal candidate will demonstrate many, if not all, of the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
· You have a passion for MLT's mission, ideally bringing experience with and insight into the communities we serve and the problems we are addressing.
· You bring substantial experience in nonprofit fundraising, including prior success in growing philanthropic revenue in a multi-million-dollar organization. You have a track record of success in securing five-figure gifts and experience developing strategies for cultivating and closing six-figure gifts.
· You are comfortable working on a relatively small, nimble, and growing team and are able to toggle between strategic thinking and detail-oriented implementation.
· You are experienced in building the strategy, tools, and processes that support successful donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, as evidenced by revenue and donor base growth.
· You have demonstrated success in expanding donor bases, including engaging non-traditional donors, through effective research and prioritization of high-potential prospects.
· You are a persuasive communicator, confident in crafting audience-centered presentations and materials, and possess excellent written and verbal skills.
· You demonstrate leadership in your day-to-day work, whether supporting senior executives and board members in their roles in donor relationship management or partnering with colleagues across the organization.
· You are intrinsically motivated, highly accountable, and committed to excellence. You are motivated and energized by a culture of high expectations and data-driven decision-making.
Compensation & Benefits
MLT offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and skill fit, and a comprehensive range of employee benefits and perks, including:
· Health and dental insurance
· Workplace and work hour flexibility
· Paid holidays
· Transit benefits
Community (notably in non-pandemic times)
· Attendance at MLT alumni events
· Weekly social gathering
· Great location for DC-based staff with Metro access, featuring restaurants, coffee shops, boutiques
· Complimentary or subsidized access to nation-wide professional development offerings (at events or via online platforms)
· Skill-development seminars hosted by our industry-leading partners
· Team lunch-and-learns
· Transform lives and contribute to a larger social cause of economic mobility for Black, Latinx, and Native American professionals while championing diversity, equity, and inclusion in top institutions across the country
· Make your mark during a critical growth phase for MLT
MLT is open to candidates for this role who are interested in working from any location within the U.S.