Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Business Development
Primary domain: Research
Postal code: 80203
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
OMNI's purpose is to accelerate positive social change toward a more equitable society
OMNI Institute is a 501c3 nonprofit consultancy that supports nonprofit organizations, philanthropies, government agencies, and social ventures to accelerate positive social change toward a more equitable society. We provide research, evaluation, and capacity building services through a 100% fee-for-service project-based consulting model. We have 40 staff in our Denver HQ and in other US locations. Our primary areas of focus include Community Health, Behavioral Health, Justice, Basic Needs, and Children & Families.
OMNI Institute seeks candidates for a Grants and Proposals Manager to support the organization in efforts to grow and expand our business. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with the senior leadership team across the organization by optimizing our proposal response processes, leading teams developing complex proposal responses, and working with our marketing manager and broader team to identify business development opportunities. The Business Development Manager will report to the COO and work primarily with our executive management team, directors, and senior researchers to expand business development opportunities and submit RFP responses.
- A passion for solving pressing social challenges.
- Experience managing projects with multiple interdependent work streams from multiple content contributors and experts.
- Innate curiosity with a desire to always ask more questions, look at information from a different perspective, and question how you can make something better.
- The ability to adapt, learn, and grow through your work; to hold your work and methods to high standards.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills and the ability to clearly communicate and work with staff in the writing and execution of proposals on tight timelines.
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to track multiple workstreams with precise requirements coming together for a final proposal response.
- An understanding of RFPs and proposal development for a professional services research organization, including the different types of proposal requirements for governments, nonprofits organizations, and foundations.
What this role will look like
In 90-days you will have:
- Met 1:1 with all our leadership team and understand the content areas they focus on, how their proposals are traditionally generated, the overall nature of their projects, and begun building the relationships needed to manage complex proposal responses that rely on multiple team members for content and support.
- Mapped the current internal processes and systems for proposal development and response and designed a roadmap for improving our internal RFP response processes and resources for proposal development.
- Reviewed several different proposals and have developed an understanding of the nature of our work, how proposals are developed, and how we talk about the organization to external audiences.
- Understand our current practices for active business development and identified areas for improvement.
- Begun directly leading and coordinating the response to a large, tier one proposal.
Some of the major projects you may work on over the first year at OMNI:
- Redesign the proposal response process with standardized language and responses for replicable activities and improved access to the information required to quickly respond to RFPs.
- Take ownership of our internal lead generation process in Salesforce and be the first line of outreach responding to inquiries and directing leads to appropriate internal staff.
- Lead the development of complex RFP responses by understanding the timing and proposal requirements and working across the team to pull together the proposal components with the proposal consulting lead.
- Ensure OMNI Institute is receiving all RFPs relevant to our work and content expertise.
- Develop an annual organization-wide conference attendance plan that positions our staff to share their expertise and expand their networks.
- Ad-hoc projects to support strategic business development efforts in our key content areas and markets.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply, particularly people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ+, those who were first in their families to attend college, and people who are from low income backgrounds.
As a proud equal opportunity workplace, we believe that a diverse team is fundamental to living our core values. Diverse perspectives provide new ways of asking questions (Inquiry), fresh approaches to tackling challenges (Agility), inspiration to produce better work (Excellence), and contribute to a greater shared understanding of our community and sense of connection among our staff and to our clients (Connection).
Salary & Benefits:
The expected annualized salary for this position is $60,000 – $70,000 plus benefits, which include:
- 80% employer paid health premiums
- Vision, dental, supplemental insurance
- 401k with company match of 50% up to 8% contribution
- Flexible working schedules and remote work consideration
- PTO that begins with 3 weeks of PTO, 11 floating holidays, and an annual office closure from Dec 24-Jan 1.
Denver, CO preferred; remote candidates considered.
$60k - 65k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit our website at https://omni.org/careers
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert