Chief Financial & Operating Officer
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10069
State: New York
Country: United States
Collegiate School strives to educate each boy to reach his highest level of intellectual, ethical, artistic, and physical development. Drawing on what is known about boys' growth and learning, the school offers a rigorous K-12 program rich in opportunities for cultivating individual talents and interests in a climate of collaboration and respect. Collegiate continues its historic tradition in New York City of educating a diverse and talented student body and of helping boys to become independent adults and responsible citizens who will lead and serve.
Collegiate School is seeking a Chief Financial and Operating Officer to begin in July of 2021. The Chief Financial and Operating Officer reports to the Head of School and is a member of the senior administrative team. This position works in close and regular collaboration with the Head of School and other members of the senior administrative team to ensure adequate resources—human, financial, and operational—are available to support the excellence of the program and its people, by providing strategic direction and overseeing all matters related to finance, budget, facilities, legal affairs, risk management, and related policies and procedures. Direct reports to the CFOO include members of the Business Office (comptroller, accounts payable and receivable), the Director of Facilities, the Director of Technology, the Director of Food Services, the Director of Human Resources, outside vendors (e.g. general contractors, security staff, etc.), and an administrative assistant.
Desired Qualities and Qualifications
Candidates who are most likely to advance will offer many of the following qualifications and qualities:
- Desire and willingness to participate fully in a dynamic day school located in New York City.
- Impeccable integrity and an extraordinary work ethic.
- Open, optimistic, and collaborative management style coupled with the ability and willingness to act decisively.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to interface with all constituencies of the school community – the Head of the School, the administration, staff, faculty and students, the Board of Trustees, alumni, parents, and friends of the School.
- Commitment to and interest in providing the Head of the School and Trustees with a strong strategic orientation which best serves the School’s business function.
- Ability to serve as a strategic business thinker, capable of providing positive and proactive solutions to business issues.
- Knowledge and experience in setting up effective financial controls and proven financial modeling and forecasting skills.
- Effective negotiation skills in developing contracts with external vendors.
- Creativity, analytical skills, project development, and management skills.
- Strong background in financial management and modeling, investment and risk management, support services administration, business services, human resource and benefit administration, and facilities management.
- Capable of earning the respect and attention of the faculty, administration, staff, families, and the Board of Trustees.
- Experience and ability to use technology to support the business functions of the school.
- Experience in an independent secondary school, college, or university setting is preferred, although individuals with strong financial and leadership skills in a related field are encouraged to apply.
- 10+ years of work experience in a financial and business leadership position.
- Bachelor’s degree required, and an MBA and/or a master’s degree in a related field preferred.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to speak with the consultant in confidence. All applicants will be expected to ultimately submit (preferably in separate PDFs) the following materials:
- A cover letter expressing interest in this particular position;
- A current and comprehensive résumé;
- A list of five professional references with name, relationship, phone number, and email address of each (references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission) to:
Posted By: Carney, Sandoe & Associates
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert