Student Life Director
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Higher Education
City: East Palo Alto
Postal code: 94303
Country: United States
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotionalbarriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have 12 centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility. To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org.
Under the direction of the Site Director, the Student Life Director (SLD) is responsible for the vision and implementation of the Student Life program, ensuring that all students define their dreams, have access to experiential learning opportunities during the academic year and summer, and engage in and reflect upon meaningful community service. Additionally, the SLD will advocate for and support students in achieving their goals of a college education and a productive future.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Program Development and Implementation: Work with the Site Director to successfully implement the Student Life (SL) program and ensure that goals across the site are met in the following program components: experiential learning workshops, summer engagement, community service, and biannual showcase events.
- Staff Development and Recruitment: Recruit, hire, develop and evaluate SL part-time staff and volunteers. Support site team in creating purpose-driven programming.
- Individual Student Planning and Monitoring: Assist every College Track student in cultivating a sense of purpose by declaring and working toward his/her dream. Continuously assess student data and provide meaningful interventions to ensure that students develop leadership skills, complete community service hours and participate in activities that prepare them for college.
- School and Community Outreach and Engagement: Lead a strong community partnership effort, representing College Track at events intended to build the capacity of youth as well as recruit students to the program. Additionally, the SLD will be active in community organizations and professional societies and remain current on best practices in youth development.
- Financial and Resource Management: Monitor and meet the expense budgets for Student Life Program. Identify and develop external sources of funding for program. Lead fundraising efforts for student enrichment opportunities.
- New Projects: Projects as assigned by the Site Director.
Skills & Experience Required
- Leads and inspires others under a shared vision of excellence
- Demonstrated success in motivating and managing high school students to meet high expectations in youth development, experiential learning, and/or service learning
- Demonstrated success in closing the “experience gap” for low-income students
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and leverage resources to achieve outcomes
- Builds relationships and communicates in ways that foster trust, value differences and further College Track’s mission
- Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact.
- Manages people, project and oneself to achieve excellent results and expand organizational impact
- Minimum 4-year college degree
- Able to work 10:00am –6:00pm (virtually) or 11:00am –7pm(in-person) Monday through Friday and occasionally on weekends, program necessity requires
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website!
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert