Special Assistant to the Executive Director
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 02141
Country: United States
We champion equitable, non-partisan civic education so that the practice of democracy is learned by each new generation. We work to inspire life-long civic engagement by providing high-quality and engaging civics resources to teachers and students across our nation.
iCivics seeks a highly motivated, energetic, self-starter to join the iCivics team as the Board Liaison & Special Project Manager. The primary functions of the role are work in coordination with the Executive Director to manage the Board of Directors, as well as strategize, manage, and execute on a range of strategic projects and initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic thinker who is eager to help iCivics grow during a dynamic and exciting time for civic education. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Job responsibilities will include:
Manage Board Relations
● Supports Board relations through calendar management and high-level communications.
● Supports Board committees to ensure regular meetings and progress toward annual goals.
● Acts as the Board Secretary: Drafts and circulates meeting minutes.
● Manages Board communications and scheduling including quarterly Board meetings and regular committee calls, among other Board activities.
● Manages all preparation for the quarterly Board meetings including agenda preparation, coordinating with senior leadership for Board Book materials, and final Board Book compiling.
Support the Executive Director (“ED”)
● Prioritizes, organizes, and supports initiatives of the ED, and balances the competing interests of both internal and external stakeholders.
● Reviews ED calendar, mail and email communications, and assists in providing timely responses to all inquiries.
● Works with senior team and executive staff to prepare ED for internal and external meetings, and ensure timely follow-up of all action items.
● Ensures high-functioning internal operations by arranging executive and external meetings.
● Works with the Executive Assistant to ensure proper travel arrangements for the ED and proper ED expense tracking.
● Acts as a member of the development team, helping drive the revenue forecasting and tracking process, assisting with events and grant writing, and helping launch national major gifts campaign.
● Acts as a member of the Field Building team, owning writing assignments and project management assignments as required.
● Works on research projects, including gathering feedback from teacher and student users, overseeing annual teacher survey, interviewing administrators.
● Represents iCivics professionally at periodic local events.
● Performs other duties as they arise.
● Collaborate as a key member of the iCivics team. Proven ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively across functions and at all levels of the organization.
● Think both strategically and operationally by being able to identify solutions to issues and implement a thoughtful process to put the solution in place.
● Well organized and self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
● Adapt to quickly evolving priorities and respond with grace in a fast-paced environment.
● Bachelor’s degree.
● Track record of strong project management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities.
● Passion for and/or experience in K-12 education. Experience in the field of education technology a plus.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent time management, problem solving, and organizational skills.
● Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
● Team player with a positive attitude.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Federal Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Healthcare FSA (HFSA) and a Dependent Daycare FSA (DCAP)
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include your last name and the job title in the subject line of your email. iCivics is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented applicants. https://www.icivics.org/
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert