Associate Program Coordinator
The Holdsworth Center
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 78746
Country: United States
The Holdsworth Center is a non-profit organization founded and largely funded by Charles Butt, Chairman of H-E-B, a regional retail company. Our mission is to impact, over time, the quality of K-12 public education for all Texas students by supporting and developing leaders. Based in Austin, Texas, our campus and programs are being developed in honor of Charles’ mother, Mary Elizabeth Holdsworth Butt, who was an educator, a philanthropist, and a lifelong champion for social justice.
We partner with public school districts over five years to help them grow outstanding leaders at all levels so that staff thrive, and students excel in every classroom. At Holdsworth, we believe leadership isn’t just about titles. We make a deep investment in leaders at both the district and campus levels, including teachers who lead students in the classroom and influence and lead their colleagues.
The Holdsworth Center is seeking an Associate Program Coordinator who shares a deep commitment to our mission and whose experience and vision will deepen our capacity and enhance our impact as we aim to be of service to public school districts across the state of Texas.
The Associate Program Coordinator will work in a team led by the Director of CLP to coordinate the high-quality delivery of our Campus Leadership Program (CLP), a world-class leadership development program for principals and campus teams that blends the best practices in leadership from inside and outside the education sector. You must have a strong desire to help Leaders in our programs thrive in their careers and lead their campuses effectively. We are looking for individuals who share our passion for developing leadership in public education in order to improve the life chances of all students.
As Associate Program Coordinator, your job will be to support our Leaders to ensure maximum impact and benefit from their learning experiences and the successful implementation of their learning within their schools. Working with the programs team at Holdsworth, you will be involved in the project management, event coordination and logistics of program sessions. You will help the team deliver high quality sessions that engage learners, advance the work in their schools, and create network bonds. You will be a “go-to” person for participants during sessions and in between sessions, ensuring that their learning journey with us is as effective and enjoyable as possible.
You will work with talented, mission driven peers in a fast paced, dynamic environment to:
- Build positive, productive professional relationships with participants and provide outstanding service and support; resolve participant issues and concerns, managing risks appropriately and escalating where necessary
- Execute logistics for coordinating and delivering all facets of CLP, from participant enrollment process to training sessions to leveraging the Learning Management System for cohort learning
- Work closely with the programs team and event and hospitality staff at The Campus at Lake Austin to determine details of events, such as guest lists, invitations, agendas, registration, menus, décor, A/V requirements, layout of meeting rooms, materials required, work orders, etc., and obtain final event approval on all proposals
- Ensure setup for events is accurate and on time, greet guests and attend and assist at all designated events to ensure smooth delivery
- Assist with project management logistics for CLP team – including creating tasks in Asana and drafting and maintaining cohort calendars
- Draft clear communications from CLP team to faculty, staff and Leaders
- Work collaboratively with other teams to manage accurate participant data, including monitoring attendance and submission of required assignments
- Engage in regular monitoring, evaluating and reporting, including assisting with the creation of session surveys and contributing to the annual department and organizational evaluation
- Execute all administrative duties including accounting/reconciling credit card, supplies, scheduling, invoicing of contractors, organizing travel/lodging for CLP cohorts, etc.
- Work with talented, mission-driven peers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Desirable candidates will have a range of prior experience and capabilities to include:
- Strong alignment with organizational values—Drive for Excellence & Equity, Be of Service, Believe in People
- Demonstrated commitment to and engagement in learning and actions to promote equity, including conversations about race
- Relevant work experience in event preparation and execution, training delivery or relevant field
- Proven ability to collaborate with contractors/vendors required, and to work within a budget
- Ability to resolve issues in the moment through creative and professional means
- Highly collaborative work style and ability to work well in a team environment, establish good rapport at all levels of the organization, collaborate with other faculty and experts and work with and relate to people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and lead in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, to adapt to an ever changing, growing organization
- Self-motivated individual who demonstrates initiative without waiting for direction, openness to receiving feedback from peers and Holdsworth staff, and deep curiosity and motivation to learn coupled with a strong results-orientation
- Superb time management and organizational skills; the ability to independently manage multiple events at one time at a rapid pace; demonstrated ability to be thorough, with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency and experience in MS office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); experience with project management tools is desirable
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to the mission of the Holdsworth Center
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) for events
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit a current resume and a cover letter detailing why working at The Holdsworth Center appeals to you along with your interest in the Associate Program Coordinator position by clicking here: Associate Program Coordinator application. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
If selected for the interview process, next steps are tentatively scheduled to begin mid-January 2021.
The Holdsworth Center is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert