Major Gifts Director
Peninsula Bridge Program
Position Type: Part-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: San Mateo
Postal code: 94402
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
We believe all of our students, if given equal access and opportunity, can reach their full potential and graduate from high school and four-year colleges.
We provide motivated, low-income students with academic and personal support during middle school years through college graduation. We are helping to break the cycle of poverty and greatly increase each student’s chance for success in school, life and career.
The Major Gifts Director will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a major gifts program. Responsibilities will include identifying, managing and cultivating relationships with new major gift prospects. The Major Gifts Director needs to have the ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate the organization’s mission. S/he will report directly to the Executive Director.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Secure major gifts and manage a portfolio of 50-100 new major gift donors and high wealth prospects in new networks who have the capacity to make multi-year commitments of $100K or more annually.
- Develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for major gift donors.
- Maintain a pool of “Top 25” prospective donors who will be solicited in the next 12-18 months period.
- At the top $100,000 to $250,000 donation level, set a goal of raising $1 M in 2021 and ultimately $3 M annually.
- Cultivate, steward and develop compelling engagement strategies.
- Create and implement moves management plans
- Identify, cultivate and steward new donors/prospects: Identify major gift prospects and develop compelling engagement strategies to solicit and close gifts as outlined above. In collaboration with the Executive and Development Director, identify, develop and cultivate a significant prospects pipeline as part of Peninsula Bridge’s evolving fundraising strategy.
- Report and Database Management: Prepare written proposals, gift agreements, funder pitches and other materials needed to define, secure and document major gifts. Effectively utilize Salesforce to maintain records of contact with donors and prospects; analyze potential donor research materials to target appropriate givers; and track, evaluate and present relevant giving information.
- Major Donor Recognition: Acknowledge major donors through public/private recognition
- Maintains detailed records and collaborates with the Director of Development in Grant Reporting throughout the year.
Leadership and Staff Management
● Is part of the Senior Leadership Team and is a key thought partner and ally of the Executive Director on key strategies and organizational outcomes.
● Participates in organization-wide efforts – such as strategic planning, fundraising and development – as a member of the senior management team.
● Develops key relationships at partner schools and organizations, as well as with volunteers, mentors, and other supporters.
Other tasks as assigned.
The Major Gifts Officer will be an engaging and high energy individual with a passion for increasing opportunities for high-achieving low-income students on the Peninsula. Visionary, results-oriented and relationship-driven, the Major Gifts Officer will be a key driver to propel the fundraising capacity of Peninsula Bridge's advancement efforts. The Major Gifts Officer will be a leader with a minimum of a bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of experience in development with demonstrated success in nonprofit or education-related organizations. Preference will be given to candidates with a documented record of successfully closing major gifts. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following attributes:
- Culture and mission-driven-extremely passionate about Peninsula Bridge and increasing opportunities for high-achieving, low-income students
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile in service of our mission
- Open to feedback
- Ability to establish, cultivate and steward strong professional relationships with stakeholders to build lifelong partnerships and trust while aligning passions with the mission, priorities and goals of Peninsula Bridge
- Collaborative problem-solver who brings an entrepreneurial approach to designing personal donor engagement strategies
- Innovative, self-motivated, able to manage multiple projects well, working both independently and as a team player
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
SIMPLE IRA Retirement Account with employer matching
Paid vacation days
Paid sick days
$90k - 100k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert