Director of Talent and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Student Leadership Network
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10001
State: New York
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Student Leadership Network (SL Network) supports three life-changing programs that empower students to disrupt the cycle of poverty through education: The Young Women’s Leadership Schools (TYWLS), a network of high-performing all-girls public secondary schools; CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), a school-based college access program for young women and men; and the Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN), a nationwide network of single-sex affiliate and partner schools. SL Network programs promote a college-going culture in schools and make the dream of college a reality for students from underserved communities.
SL Network is seeking a full-time Director of Talent and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) to lead the talent and DEI functions of a growing educational non-profit with approximately 60 employees and a $10+ million budget. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Director of Talent and DEI will provide critical, high level support to the Leadership Team, especially as it relates to the organization’s talent strategy and all things related to org-wide culture, as we continue our work towards becoming a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization. This will include but not be limited to developing and evolving org-wide routines, systems, and infrastructure to support team culture, professional development, performance management, and talent planning. The Director of Talent and DEI will be responsible for ensuring Student Leadership Network attracts, develops, and retains the talent we need to continue to grow and thrive.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Advance the organization’s work to develop a comprehensive diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy by integrating the work stemming from that strategy into all human capital systems, structures, professional development, and processes.
- Oversee our internal DEI Task Force, which is responsible for developing org-wide DEI goals and accompanying short- and long-term strategies and initiatives to meet those goals.
- Tracking and reporting on DEI metrics across the organization, identifying strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement.
- Support all SL Network teams as they continue to develop the necessary tools and skills to re-assess our programming, communications/marketing, and fundraising functions to be more culturally relevant and inclusive.
- Coordinate work across the organization to be more inclusive of students’ voices, perspectives, and eliminate bias.
Talent Management and Development
- Audit current talent management practices and identify ways to evolve our practices by staying current with the latest trends and providing recommendations and insights based on industry best practices. Specific areas of focus include:
- Codifying performance expectations across the organization by job level.
- Revamping our performance evaluation system to better align to our core values and expectations.
- Ensuring staff have access to opportunities for meaningful professional growth and development.
- Reviewing our internal and external hiring processes to ensure equitable practices across the organization.
- Recommending improvements to the overall talent cycle to improve the employee experience.
- Develop new strategies to build a high quality and diverse talent pipeline and ensure that all roles are filled in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to ensure compelling and accurate role descriptions.
- Refine our selection process with a keen eye toward alignment to our mission and core values, with a particular focus toward ensuring alignment with our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Support SL Network’s goal of being a best-in-class organization for staff to work for by: o Understanding and elevating the needs of staff through organizational survey data and feedback discussions.
- Prioritizing staff learning and culture-building opportunities and activities in response to feedback.
- Design and coordinate learning opportunities across the organization and develop systems for evaluating the impact of those opportunities, including whole team meetings and retreats.
- Design and support implementation of initiatives to help managers across the organization become more effective in their roles supporting the growth and learning of a diverse team.
- Manage a small team of 1-2 staff members who are responsible for managing all aspects of day-to-day hiring and recruitment activities, staff onboarding, and HR administration.
- As a team, identify ways to become more operationally efficient as an organization, particularly as it pertains to human capital related paperwork and compliance.
- Meet regularly with direct reports to assess progress toward individual performance and department goals.
- Conduct formal annual performance reviews and provide informal ongoing feedback to direct reports in an effort to support their growth and development.
- Maintain a supportive, inclusive, positive work environment and ensure direct reports feel connected to the mission.
- Significant experience working on DEI issues including racial justice, LGTBQIA2S+ inclusion, gender equality, inclusive growth, human rights, or other related issue areas.
- Knowledge of essential DEI-based approaches and methodologies, and strong understanding of critical trends in DEI.
- 7+ years relevant HR experience including talent acquisition, employee relations, and organizational development, with prior experience managing a human resources team.
- Experience developing and/or managing inclusive talent management processes.
- Experience engaging in conversations that advance diversity, equity, and inclusion principles.
- Strong communication skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Familiarity with HR information systems and track record of setting and meeting ambitious HR performance metrics.
- Experience making decisions pertaining to benefits and compensation.
- Demonstrated commitment to SL Network’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, independently motivated, organized, and efficient.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Application instructions: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/391303/Student-Leadership-Network-Inc/Director-of-Talent-and-Diversity-Equity-and-Inclusion
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert