Manager of Girls' Education
Student Leadership Network
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10001
State: New York
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Student Leadership Network (SL Network) supports three life-changing programs that empower students to disrupt the cycle of poverty through education: The Young Women’s Leadership Schools (TWYLS), a network of high-performing all girls public secondary schools; CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), a school-based college access program for young women and men; and the Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN), a nationwide network of single-sex affiliate and partner schools. SL Network programs promote a college-going culture in schools and make the dream of college a reality for students from underserved communities.
SL Network is seeking a Manager of Girls’ Education to manage local school partnerships as we strive to achieve rich, diverse student opportunities and model fidelity across our existing TYWLS and affiliate schools, support impactful professional development for teachers and administrators rooted in our successful model, and create systems to streamline and enrich school-based program management.
The Manager of Girls’ Education reports to the Associate Director of Girls’ Education (AD of GE), and collaborates with the other Manager on the team. The Manager will work from the SL Network central office, in TYWLS schools, and some travel to our national affiliates will be required.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with TYWLS teachers and students to ensure streamline communication of partnership efficacy and opportunities
- Build meaningful relationships with TYWLS staff and students by participating in school wide initiatives, events, programs and teacher/student focus groups regularly and/or at a minimum monthly basis
- Co-create content that highlights resources, opportunities and network related updates
- Collaborate with the other Manager on the team as you both will serve as the point person(s) for all TYWLS schools
Culturally Relevant Partnerships:
- Manage systems and criteria for partnership selection based on programmatic goals and priorities created by the AD (including observations and evaluations of partnerships)
- Research culturally relevant local and national partnerships to be included in the vetting of partnerships
- Collaborate with AD to refine partnerships manuals for new and renewing partners
- Manage digital systems to increase efficiency around student events
- Create templates and financial transactional supports for a number of TYWLS programs including TYWLS Teacher grants and awards
- Implement program evaluation strategy across all schools to synthesize and evaluate collected data in order inform program efficiency and changes
- Support AD in evaluation and data collection of local and national professional development and partnerships in alignment with:
- TYWLS model
- Girls’ education effective practices, and girls’ education research
- Anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Culturally responsive education, healing-responsive practices and other relevant lens in girls’ education
- Manage processes for teacher and administrator awards on an annual basis.
National Affiliate Schools:
- Coordinate the participation of students, teachers, and administrators from our national Young Women’s Leadership Network affiliates in SL Network events and program
- Support Director of Leadership and New School Development in affiliate communication and fielding new affiliate school inquiries
- Other team responsibilities as required, e.g. leading team meetings, providing board meeting updates, leading sessions at all-staff meetings, supporting student events, etc.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- A demonstrated passion for expanding educational opportunities for girls from historically marginalized groups and belief in Student Leadership Network’s mission
- Knowledge of girls’ education effective practice
- Bachelor’s degree in education, teaching, or related field, from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- A successful track record of designing and managing education programs to achieve student outcomes
- Knowledge of the history and development of Student Leadership Network
- Superlative planning, organizational and writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders (e.g. principals, teachers, partners, funders, etc.)
- Teamwork, collegiality, and a joyful approach to the work is required
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To Apply: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/355211/Student-Leadership-Network-Inc/Manager-Girls-Education
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert