Manager, The Young Women's Leadership Schools (TYWLS)
Student Leadership Network
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10001
State: New York
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Student Leadership Network (SL Network) supports three life-changing programs that empower students to disrupt the cycle of poverty through education: The Young Women’s Leadership Schools (TWYLS), a network of high-performing all girls public secondary schools; CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), a school-based college access program for young women and men; and the Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN), a nationwide network of single-sex affiliate and partner schools. SL Network programs promote a college-going culture in schools and make the dream of college a reality for students from underserved communities.
Student Leadership Network seeks a Manager of TYWLS to manage TYWLS programs, events, and opportunities as we strive to achieve rich, diverse student opportunities at our existing schools, create and implement systems to streamline and enrich school-based program management and collaborate to implement new initiatives and ideas. The Manager of TYWLS reports to the Director of TYWLS and collaborates with the other Manager of Girls' Education (GE). In the future, they are expected to work from the SL Network central office and TYWLS schools. Some out of state travel is expected.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with all TYWLS students, faculty and administration to ensure streamlined communication related to network-wide programs & opportunities for the school community.
- Prepare & communicate all student and teacher-related information for successful engagement in network-wide events and programs
- Build intentional relationships with TYWLS staff and students by participating in school-wide initiatives, events, programs, etc. and teacher/student focus groups regularly and/or at a minimum monthly basis
- Co-create content on TYWLS internet hub and knowledge sharing platform, Nexus ,that highlights TYWLS resources, opportunities, and network-related updates
- Collaborate with the Manager of GE as you both will serve as the point person(s) for all TYWLS schools Operations:
- Manage systems in Salesforce, google and other platforms related to all year-long and summer student programs & events
- Support the budget management process by updating & creating templates that track all financial transactional supports for TYWLS programs
- Implement a program evaluation strategy across all TYWLS schools to collect, synthesize, and evaluate collected data in order to inform program efficiency and changes
- Support the Director of TYWLS with all processes related to the development of SL Network Advisory Committee, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring anti-racist, diversity, equity, and inclusion lens
- Developing criteria for selection of committee members
- Calendar alignment for all participants
- Notetaking and synthesizing for summary reporting
- Manage processes for student related stipends, awards, or grants
- Other team responsibilities as required, e.g. leading team meetings, providing board meeting updates, leading sessions at all-staff meetings, supporting student events, etc.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- A demonstrated passion & commitment for expanding educational opportunities for girls from historically marginalized groups and belief in Student Leadership Network’s mission
- Experience working with and analyzing data to drive programmatic improvements and decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in education, teaching, or related field, from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- A successful track record of designing and managing education programs to achieve student outcomes
- Knowledge of the history and development of Student Leadership Network and girls’ education effective practices
- Superlative planning, organizational, and writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders (e.g. principals, teachers, partners, funders, students etc.)
- Teamwork, collegiality, and a joyful approach to the work is expected
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To Apply: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/353483/Student-Leadership-Network-Inc/ManagerTYWLS
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert