DC Fiscal Policy Institute
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
Postal code: 20002
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
The DC Fiscal Policy Institute promotes opportunity and widespread prosperity for all residents of the District of Columbia through thoughtful policy solutions.
DCFPI influences DC budget and policy decisions to reduce poverty and income inequality and to give residents the opportunity for a secure economic future. We accomplish this through research and analysis, direct engagement with policymakers, and strategic partnerships with other organizations and individuals.
Essential to accomplishing our mission, DCFPI also furthers ways to make DC public services more effective and to ensure the workings of DC government are open and accountable to the public.
DC Fiscal Policy Institute
About DC Fiscal Policy Institute
DC Fiscal Policy Institute (DCFPI) envisions a District of Columbia in which opportunity and widespread prosperity is available for all residents, structural racism and other systemic and historic oppression is dismantled, and poverty is eliminated.
DCFPI has a proven track record of successfully advocating for the fundamentals that everyone in our city deserves. We are the leading independent source of information on the DC budget and how the city’s resources are spent. We pinpoint how the lives of DC residents are affected by tax and budget decisions and hold policymakers accountable for those decisions. We are a vital resource to other nonprofits, are trusted and respected by DC policymakers, and are frequently cited in the media. Our proposals often become reality and make a meaningful difference in the lives of DC residents. DCFPI is part of the State Priorities Partnership – a network of more than 40 independent, nonprofit research and policy organizations.
DCFPI is seeking a visionary executive leader with expertise in developing bold policies that address economic and racial inequities. The ideal candidate will bring a proven record of success in an executive leadership role, creating and implementing organizational and policy strategies, providing day-to-day organizational oversight, building strong funding and stakeholder relationships, leading a talented team, and serving as an organization’s public spokesperson. In addition, the top candidate must bring a sophisticated understanding of racial equity and structural racism, a collaborative and inclusive approach to team-building, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Vision and strategy: Lead DCFPI’s strategic direction; collaborate with staff, Board, and key stakeholders to set clear goals and achieve the organization’s mission
- Policy and advocacy expertise: Provide thought leadership on developing bold policies that impact DC’s economy and residents; effectively advocate on a diverse array of issues and via different channels (e.g., testifying before the DC Council, bringing diverse advocacy groups together, or conducting thorough, independent research)
- Operations and financial management: Oversee the successful execution of DCFPI’s day-to-day operations, including effective financial management, reporting, and compliance
- Partnership building: Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including funders, nonprofit partners, community members, government agencies, the DC Council, and Board members; listen to and learn from residents, local businesses, and community groups most impacted by the policies we are working to shape
- Resource development: Ensure DCFPI achieves its annual fundraising goals through strong relationship-building with funders
- Communications: Build and implement a robust communications strategy and serve as a passionate, persuasive advocate for DCFPI, representing the organization in a variety of media platforms
- Team leadership and culture: Continue to develop DCFPI’s collaborative and inclusive culture and proactively provide professional development and team-building opportunities for staff
- Demonstrated expertise in fiscal policy and a deep knowledge of policies related to poverty and racial equity
- Proven ability to execute an organization’s strategic vision and successfully achieve its mission
- Previous experience in a leadership role, including oversight of an organization or department’s talent, operations, and finances
- Demonstrated aptitude for building and cultivating strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Successful record of initiating relationships with and cultivating new funding sources
- Exceptional, persuasive public speaking and written communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for DCFPI’s mission as evidenced through similar professional or volunteer experience
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply via this link
Posted By: LeaderFit
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert