DREAM (formerly Harlem RBI)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10029
State: New York
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
DREAM provides youth with opportunities to play, learn, and grow. Our mission is to level the field by empowering all children to recognize their potential and realize their dreams. DREAM’S MAXIMS
From our classrooms to our ballfields, and from our back offices to our most public-facing events, DREAM’s maxims build on our mission and show us what it means to be a member of the DREAM community, every day.
- all kids can. this kid can.
- teamwork makes the dream work.
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Managing Director of Finance and Administration, the Financial Analyst will work on financial planning, forecasting, analysis, and the preparation of key deliverables. The Financial Analyst will play a key role in the development and implementation of the annual budget as well as high leverage reporting and strategic analyses.
This is an exciting growth opportunity for an early-career finance professional to manage high-stakes projects within a mission-driven environment.
Like all DREAM employees, the Financial Analyst should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to education and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities as part of a growing organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in the development and implementation of the annual budget process;
- Improve and manage financial models including cash flow, forecasting, and multi-year projections;
- Run and present scenario analysis;
- Prepare financial statements as well as various other weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for internal and external circulation;
- Manage all financial reporting requirements for DREAMs funding sources;
- Assist in the tracking of organizational strategic initiatives as well as key performance data;
- Conduct research to support business planning and financial forecasting;
- Additional analyses as required to support the Management Team on the financial and strategic dimension of decision making;
- Support other finance and strategy initiatives as needed
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s degree preferred, with sufficient, rigorous quantitative coursework;
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role;
- Demonstrated interest/experience in non-profit finance and strategy;
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to synthesize large amounts of data;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Demonstrated experience in building financial models and preparing analytic communications;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to generate enthusiasm and confidence from others and lead to action;
- Collaborative team player;
- Balance between professional maturity and willingness to learn quickly in an entrepreneurial atmosphere;
- High energy, passion, and dedication;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively;
- Demonstrated interest in DREAM’s mission and the not-for-profit sector generally.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert