Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 00000
Country: United States
CCS Fundraising is a strategic fundraising firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change. We plan, manage, and implement programs that achieve fundraising goals and mission impact. Our signature service is the design and implementation of major capital, endowment, and comprehensive campaigns. In providing this service, we combine in-depth engagement with key stakeholders, informed analysis, and broad-ranging expertise to develop a plan for transformational fundraising. With our robust analytics and research capabilities, CCS leverages data to support better fundraising strategies and help organizations identify untapped opportunities and potential new donors. By ensuring that our methodology for training and advising fundraising leaders, staff, and volunteers reflects the specific needs of the philanthropic community and draws on our proven methods for success we also provide hands-on partnership to nonprofit leaders and help them navigate change to achieve their fundraising goals during times of transition.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
CCS Fundraising is a strategic fundraising firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change.
Since 1947, CCS has empowered many of the world's greatest organizations to advance some of the most important causes in history. We provide nonprofit organizations with advisory and fundraising services to further expand their potential and ability to drive impact in their work. From advancing health initiatives to expanding arts and culture to sustaining the environment, We turn insights into actions, challenges into opportunities, and fundraising goals into mission impact.
CCS continues to pave the way for business models that demonstrate that you can focus on social missions and build a successful business at the same time. We are at the intersection of many issue areas through our work and we aid organizations in breaking down financial and programming barriers to allow social good and community, talent and resources to flow more freely.
At CCS Fundraising, we empower some of the greatest organizations in the world to effect meaningful change—change that impacts lives and improves the condition of the world we live in. You will join a diverse team of fun, passionate, and driven professionals who are united in this genuine purpose.
To learn more, please visit: https:/ccsfundraising.com/.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Managing Director of Human Resources, the Vice President, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (VP), a new role at the firm, will play a critical leadership role to foster an inclusive workplace that not only values and is responsive to the diversity of staff and the organizations CCS serves, but elevates all voices and identities across its work. In partnership with an external expert and senior leadership the VP will build CCS Fundraising's internal capacity to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are central tenets of the firm and are embedded across the organization. Ultimately, the VP will be responsible for setting and executing short and long-term strategies that ensure CCS staff have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge around mission-critical elements of DEI and that team members of all identities feel a sense of belonging at the firm.
CCS is open to flexible location arrangements for this role, from any location where they have an office presence (preference for NYC).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Strategic Planning and Execution
- In partnership with an external expert and senior leadership, develop a long term-vision and multi-year strategy for DEI at CCS Fundraising and lead project execution efforts.
- Establish metrics of accountability to monitor progress against org-wide objectives related to DEI, and initiatives that map to those objectives.
- Support broad change-management efforts to evolve CCS Fundraising's organizational culture into a more inclusive organization, and concurrently support new staff in navigating cultural norms and organizational expectations.
- Manage CCS Fundraising's developing employee resource groups (ERGs) to ensure there is a strategy underlying the opportunity for individuals to connect in identity-alike spaces
- Stay abreast of best practices on DEI, recommending relevant initiatives for CCS Fundraising's activities and actions.
- Apply a DEI lens to broader policies at CCS Fundraising to ensure they reflect a strong and clear commitment to a highly inclusive culture
- Serve as a thought partner to the leadership of CCS Fundraising across multiple sites and contexts.
- Institute a clear plan and approach for formalization of a DEI council, , comprised of staff across the firm, that will be responsible for advising senior leadership on key issues and initiatives
- Develop and implement an internal communication plan for DEI issues to ensure firm alignment on critical topics.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 10-15 years of professional experience, with demonstrated track record of success in building and/or managing DEI work.
- Deep knowledge of best practices in DEI including expertise and comfort in facilitating meaningful and difficult conversations with a wide range of stakeholders.
- The ability to work effectively with and influence others at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Experience managing and facilitating organizational change efforts while building relationships and creating buy-in, ideally in a highly matrixed, geographically dispersed context.
- Demonstrated project management experience with evidence of managing complex projects and delivering against aggressive timelines.
- Strong cultural competence with an ability to communicate and influence across lines of difference.
- Expertise in developing and facilitating adult learning/training.
- Ability and track record of communicating critical messaging in both orally and in written communication
- Track record of translating broad strategy and vision to executing on initiatives.
- Very strong organizational skills; an obsessive attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible; able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Openness to travel 10-15% as needed and when safe to travel (no travel during Covid-19 period)
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
CCS Fundraising is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Posted By: On-Ramps
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert