Seek Common Ground, a sponsored project of the New Venture Fund
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Community/Capacity Building
Postal code: N/A
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Seek Common Ground (SCG) serves independent state- and community-facing education advocacy efforts to promote consensus-driven coalition building that honors the power of local, authentic agenda setting to drive sustainable educational excellence and equity. SCG incubates, consults with and counsels coalition leaders; links the power of independent coalitions together through regular routines and communication; and directs expertise and resources to coalitions to fulfill their agendas and meet the needs of their communities. We are a trusted partner to both national organizations and funders seeking to reach and empower state- and community-facing organizations and to the independent state-and community-facing coalitions we partner with.
Seek Common Ground (SCG), a sponsored project of the New Venture Fund, is seeking a program associate to assist SCG in managing concurrent Action Accelerators. The program associate will also assist with other core programmatic, operational, and administrative activities.
As a program associate, you will:
- Work with SCG team members, state and community leaders and partners to provide key project management support.
- Support SCG by taking ownership over various administrative tasks including scheduling large and small group meetings, organizing SCG files in the shared Google Drive, and meeting planning.
- Assist in drafting, reviewing and organizing communications sent via email, posted on the SCG website and social media accounts, and shared prior to and after group meetings.
- Conduct research and track updates on emerging trends in philanthropy, advocacy, and education policy.
- Participate in strategic conversations with the SCG team.
- Conduct special projects, as assigned.
- You believe in SCG’s Mission and Values.
- You are extremely organized, detail-oriented, and analytical.
- You are proficient in standard office applications (Word, PPT, Excel) and Google Drive. Facility with Slack, Adobe, MailChimp, Zoom, and Mindstamp a plus.
- You’re an effective multitasker and can easily switch between projects based on need and urgency.
- You’ve got a sense of humor, a spirit of entrepreneurialism, and an openness to evolving responsibilities.
- You are a good communicator, with strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- You are interested in education and democracy, policy, advocacy, communications as well as community organizing/building.
- You have at least two years of related work, internship and/or volunteer experience.
Excellent benefits package included.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
How to apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Claudia Quintero at [email protected]. Please note in your cover letter if you have any external scheduling considerations for a potential start date. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert