The Family & Youth Institute
Position Type: Part-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 48187
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
Strengthening and empowering individuals, families, and communities through research and education.
The Family and Youth Institute (The FYI) is a 501(c)3 not for profit institute whose mission is to strengthen and empower individuals, families, and communities. We do this through research and education efforts that promote: positive youth development, healthy marriages, effective parenting, and mental health and well-being.
The FYI is hiring a Communications Officer to join our Executive Team! This position is virtual and part-time.
We are a vibrant team of individuals who bond over our care for Muslim youth and families, and our desire to make a difference in the lives of those around us. If this sounds like you, come join our team! We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and passionate team member to join our executive team to help give voice to the organization.
- Works closely with an interdisciplinary team to ensure clear messaging and branding across the organization.
- Designs creative and compelling visual communication materials (e.g. event materials, training resources, videos, infographics, agency reports, website, etc.) for various audiences and distribution channels.
- Creates written content to promote the brand and create consistent messaging across all website landing pages. Assists Marketing Team and Web Developer in revising the organization of the website and creating copy for all new pages that are developed in the process.
- Produces effective and compelling copy/content for external and internal communication projects (emails, social media, website, monthly newsletter, and print); Edits and review content for messaging, style guidelines, brand consistency, and voice; Continually optimizes content to improve SEO results.
- Manages email lists and appropriately segments audiences for various communications. Assists the Marketing Team in developing daily article share strategy and overall brand promotion through email marketing campaigns. Provides copywriting/editing for newsletters/holiday emails.
- Conducts marketing and audience research, stays abreast of latest trends, and identifies new opportunities for growth and development; Compiles and analyzes data to evaluate marketing key performance indicators (KPIs) across various channels. Tracks and reports statistical data about various resources and campaigns.
- Creates and gathers graphics, pictures, and video content to enhance published information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, English, or related field and practical experience in marketing, communications, and graphic design.
- Proficiency in English writing, grammar, and strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated graphic design skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experienced in the use of Adobe In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, social media management systems, email marketing systems (i.e. Mailchimp), content management systems (i.e. WordPress), CRM systems (i.e. Neon), and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working with Muslim communities is a plus.
- This position is virtual & part-time, 20 hours/week
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and design portfolio along with references to [email protected]
. This position will be considered open until filled, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert