Chief Operating Officer
Wendt Center for Loss and Healing
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
City: Washington, DC
Postal code: 20008
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Since 1975, the Wendt Center for Loss and Healing has helped people in the Greater Washington area rebuild a sense of safety and hope after experiencing a loss, life-threatening illness, violence or other trauma. Nationally recognized for our expertise in grief, loss and trauma, we provide an array of holistic services for children, teens, adults, families, and our local communities. Through our office and community-based service sites across the area, and with a focus on the needs of the underserved, the Wendt Center is a unique and critical resource for thousands of children, adults and families each year
The Wendt Center is seeking a seasoned nonprofit executive to lead the day-to-day management of our internal agency and program operations. Reporting to and working in close partnership with the Executive Director, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for ensuring the successful administration of the organization. The COO will work collaboratively with the Senior Team to identify opportunities to improve organizational efficiency, implement best practices, and provide the support necessary to ensure our team has the right resources and support to enhance their work.
The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated record of successfully managing and enhancing the administration of a high-performing, growing nonprofit organization. The top candidate will be a creative problem-solver who thrives on identifying solutions and focusing on what’s possible, while facilitating strong collaboration and communication across the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Strategic planning and thought partnership: Facilitate the Wendt Center’s long-term and short-term strategic planning process. Collaborate with the Executive Director and Senior Team to create organizational goals aligned with the Center’s vision and mission. Monitor and evaluate progress to ensure the Center achieves its strategic objectives.
- Operational efficiency and sustainability: Work with Senior Team members to improve relevant internal systems, policies, and procedures. Identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiencies and organizational sustainability. Sign and execute all contracts, grants, leases, licenses, and any other legal forms necessary to maintain operations.
- Financial management: Work collaboratively with the ED and members of the Senior Team to facilitate a seamless annual budgeting process. Oversee insurance billing to ensure proper billing operations. Collaborate with external accounting and audit firms to conduct annual audit. Ensure clear, concise, and accurate financial reporting and compliance.
- Extensive organizational leadership experience with significant involvement in day-to-day organization operations, including finance and administration
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative policies, processes, and systems to optimize an organization’s operational efficiency
- Previous experience successfully managing growth and change at an organization with a minimum budget of $4M
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Creative, adaptive, problem-solving ability
- Collaborative working style with an ability to build consensus
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Posted By: LeaderFit
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert