Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Crime/Legal
Postal code: 00000
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Lambda Legal, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1973, Lambda Legal is the oldest and largest national legal organization whose mission is to achieve full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.
Lambda Legal is a nonprofit organization and does not charge its clients for legal representation or advocacy, or receives any government funding. Lambda Legal depends on contributions from supporters around the country.
The organization is headquartered in New York, and has five regional offices (Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas and Washington, D.C.) throughout the country.
What Lambda Legal Does:
Lambda Legal selects cases that will have the greatest impact in protecting and advancing the rights of LGBTQ people and those living with HIV.
With the goal to help people exercise the rights they have and to build public support for equality, Lambda Legal informs and influences public opinion through public education campaigns, dynamic digital content and consistent and targeted earned media.
Lambda Legal advocates for public policy at the local, state and federal levels to improve the lives of LGBTQ people, people affected by HIV, and their families and allies.
Read more about Lambda Legal's work on its blog.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We're looking for a Director of Digital to join the Lambda Legal's Communications Team and drive the organization's digital presence, web technology, and digital marketing strategy.
You'll build a team of leaders who contribute to the strategic vision of Lambda's digital properties. You'll coach managers across the Development Department, Legal Department, and Operations.
You'll define the strategy for how Lambda's digital presence drives the organization's fundraising, outreach, and brand building efforts forward. You'll partner with the heads Communications, Development, Legal, and Brand—and work with the Web Administrator to drive top of funnel interest and conversion. You'll build a center of digital excellence in Marketing for digital strategy, defining scalable & prioritized systems and processes. You're excited by the idea of turning the meaningful work that Lambda Legal does into increased visibility, engagement and an increase in supporters and donations.
Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer (CCO), the Digital Director will spearhead the creation of long- and short-term digital communications plans for Lambda's digital properties and conduct market analysis on digital content.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and lead the digital communications strategy for the organization, both proactive and reactive
- Conceptualize and implement Lambda's approach to digital messaging and how it relates to the organization's overall communications strategy
- Ability to communicate digital strategy across teams and departments at Lambda Legal
- Create and enhance the direction and tone of digital content
- Analyze and optimize digital marketing; conduct and oversee A-B testing
- Bring a depth of experience leveraging search engine optimization and search engine marketing as it relates to content and digital strategy
- Set KPIs to measure digital outreach
- Manage and mentor direct reports while anticipating a growing a team
- Identify digital communications opportunities to amplify Lambda Legal's mission and initiatives, while also maintaining a successful and proactive digital strategy
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of seven years of experience working in high-stakes communications environments; including at least three years setting/leading a complex digital communications strategy
- Demonstrated experience in corporate/tech/media communications ideal with a track record of messaging strategy, consumer marketing, and sales marketing
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the capacity to make decisions and anticipate future needs in a changing environment; experience making legal issues accessible and understandable to the general public is a plus
- A self-starter with a history of leveraging exceptional creativity and digital savviness to advance an organization's digital communications goals
- Proven success within a highly flexible and visible, entrepreneurial culture; comfort working under tight timelines in a fast paced environment
- Collaborative approach to work and a demonstrated capacity to "play well with others"
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince and persuade
- Ability to navigate a wide variety of stakeholders and juggle competing priorities and interests in order to move the work forward
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Lambda Legal is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range of LGBT, HIV-affected and allied communities, and is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, transgender and gender-diverse people, women, people with abilities in multiple languages, immigrants, people living with disabilities, and individuals living with HIV are encouraged to apply.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS PLEASE APPLY:
Posted By: On-Ramps
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert