Advocacy & Public Partnerships Coordinator
Position Type: Part-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
City: New York
Postal code: 10018
State: New York
Country: United States
DonorsChoose engages the public in public schools by giving people a simple, accountable, and personal way to address educational inequity. In this clip, board member Stephen Colbert tells our story.
To date, teachers at 83% of all the public schools in America have posted classroom project requests on our site. Projects range from paper and markers for a poetry writing unit to violins for a school recital. More than 4 million “citizen philanthropists” have supported such projects, channeling books, field trips, technology, and other resources to more than 40 million students nationwide. In all, we’ve generated over $1 billion for learning experiences designed by our country’s most dedicated public school teachers.
GOOD Magazine highlighted us as one of 30 Places We Want to Work, while Fast Company named DonorsChoose one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World—the first time a charity has made this list. Our culture is informal, fast-paced, and fun.
About the team
Teachers at more than 80% of all the public schools in the U.S. have created classroom project requests on DonorsChoose. The Advocacy and Public Partnerships Team works to establish deep and mutually beneficial relationships with school districts across the country. We’re a close-knit, collaborative group, working to ensure that district administrators have the information they need to help teachers secure classroom resources through DonorsChoose.About the role
The Advocacy & Public Partnerships Coordinator conducts research on and outreach to potential school district partners, and provides administrative support to current school district users.
Research & Outreach
- Research current fundraising policies of school districts that impact teachers using DonorsChoose
- Record research findings in Salesforce
- Help with district meeting scheduling and other administrative communications by conducting outreach to school district administrators
Data Entry & Reporting
- Use our data analytics platform, Looker, to create school district impact reports
- Process data that we receive from school districts (such as district technology policies and Principal contact lists) and upload this information into our database
This position might be for you if:
- You are detail-oriented. Nothing escapes your watchful eye.
- You work quickly and efficiently. You don’t spend too much time on any one thing and you know when to call what’s done, done.
- You exhibit polished communication skills, verbal and written. It's a bonus if you're comfortable speaking with school district administrators on the phone.
- You are excited to learn new technical systems and work with datasets (No previous experience with Salesforce or Looker required).
- You care deeply about education and share our organization’s commitment to racial and economic equity in America’s public schools.
- You find joy in the little things. You love performing small actions that can have a great impact.
- You’re a great teammate who always pitches in to help.
- Hours: Flexible schedules. Between 15-29 hours a week, dependent on seasonal workload.
- Compensation: Starting at $17 per hour
- Location: Flexible in the U.S. (New York preferred)
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your resume and answer the online application questions. Cover letters may be addressed to Sam Atkeson, Senior Manager, Advocacy & Public Partnerships.
A Final Note
The DonorsChoose.org team works toward a nation where students in every community have the resources needed for an excellent education. To do this we hire and support a diverse team of the best and the brightest talent available.
We are an organization increasingly representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities that comprise our nation. DonorsChoose.org focuses on attracting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent because it makes us more effective, high-performing, creative, and resilient.
If you are passionate about our mission, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert