Sr. Assoc. Director, Annual Giving
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
City: New York
Postal code: 10120
State: New York
Country: United States
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $900 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research is seeking a Senior Associate Director for the Annual Giving program. This role will own strategies to drive mass market revenue, increase donor retention and upgrades, and bring in new donors. In close collaboration with the PMO, Marketing and Communications teams, this will include: leveraging marketing channels to support holistic campaigns that inspire prospects and donors to support the organization’s work, devising and overseeing data-based strategies to maximize revenue (e.g., retention and upgrades), and building customized donor journeys based on segmentation studies. This position will report to the Director of Annual Giving.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with key stakeholders across the organization, creating comprehensive fundraising strategy for the mass market, and establishing and tracking KPIs toward program success.
- Overseeing execution of cross-channel marketing campaigns (e.g., digital, non-digital, grassroots or time-bound) to help meet revenue goals and Foundation-wide conversions.
- Ownership of channel strategies that increase donor retention and drive revenue upgrades.
- Building customized donor journeys to increase return; these may be based on donor type, donor level, engagement response rates and more.
- Overseeing prospecting strategies, the build of a top tier donor segment program (e.g., AG+) and strategies for outreach in recurring donor program.
- Helping evaluate full-program success while making recommendations for optimization and improvement.
- Leading revenue migration assessments that can inform cross-functional strategies that reflect migratory opportunity.
- Ownership of major annual campaigns, including Giving Tuesday, Year-end and Parkinson’s Awareness Month.
- Help manage complex line-by-line forecasting activities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Development, Marketing, or related field.
- 5-9 years demonstrated experience in fundraising and marketing.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ideal candidate will demonstrate
- Strong interpersonal skills including an ability to work proactively with others toward goals.
- Effective decision-making with a high-level of personal integrity and professionalism.
- A commitment to relationship-building through dedicated customer service across all levels of an organization, including an understanding of/experience with volunteer interaction.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Please apply via this link.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert