Chief of Staff
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Research
Postal code: 20036
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Accountable.US is a watchdog organization that works to expose corruption in Washington and across the country to ensure policymakers are acting on behalf of the American people rather than special interests.
Position: Chief of Staff
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Exempt; Full Time
Reports to: President
Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group that exposes corruption in public life and holds government officials and corporate special interests accountable by bringing their misconduct to light. In doing so, we make way for policies that advance the interests of all Americans, not just the rich and powerful. The organization seeks a Chief of Staff to provide overarchingsupport to the organization and its work.
Reporting to the President, the Chief of Staff will be responsible for leading and enhancing the organization's administrative infrastructure and internal processes that will allow Accountable.US to grow and fulfill its mission. The Chief of Staff will oversee the organization’s financial management, human resources, grant management, administrative and internal operations. The Chief of Staff will oversee all financial and budgeting matters, manage the operations of the organization, and spearhead projects designed to help the organization grow in a sustainable manner. In this role, the Chief of Staff must have a deep understanding of the programmatic priorities of the organization and develop a seamless infrastructure to help Accountable.US meet its goals.
The position is based in Washington, D.C., though employees at the organization are currently working remotely given the pandemic. Some weekend work may be required. Travel may also be required at a later date given the organization has a no travel policy in effect through the duration of the pandemic.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible approach, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
Financial Planning, Compliance, and Budget Management (~50% of job)
- Responsible for the management and oversight of all financial matters, including budget development, forecasting, and financial planning.
- Lead and establish processes for all aspects of regulatory compliance, including annual audit, IRS reporting, and other regulatory requirements.
- Establish and manage grant and contracting processes for the organization.
Human Resources Management (~25% of job)
- Oversee, recommend, and advise on compensation and benefits, ensuring organization leads the industry and implements programs in an equitable manner.
- Lead senior leadership team responsible for ensuring organization’s day-to-day culture and values match our goals.
- Oversee all hiring, including determining priority roles and developing processes and practices to govern talent acquisition.
- Oversee all professional training, development, and mentoring programs.
- Lead organization’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice initiatives.
- Manage annual employee review process development and execution, feedback cycle, and broader performance management systems and practices.
Operations (25% of job)
- Manage internal team and outside consultants responsible for office management and technology support.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 10 to 15 years of relevant work experience
- Strong attention to detail and organizational management
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to respond to crises calmly and with poise
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage staff and consultants
- Strong interpersonal skills with a sense of humor
- Demonstrates an interest and ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Chief of Staff” in the subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert