Equip Assistant Director
Milwaukee Rescue Mission
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Religious
Postal code: 53233
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
“Sharing God’s love by caring for those who are poor in body, mind, and spirit, to see lives transformed through Christ to hope, joy, and lasting productivity.”
“To see Milwaukee rescued, restored, and renewed one Gospel-transformed life at a time.”
The Milwaukee Rescue Mission’s Equip Program on North Campus works to strengthen the surrounding community and support Cross Trainers Academy (CTA), a 4K-12th grade Christian Academy in the heart of Milwaukee. Together, Equip and CTA are serving students and families in and around the school campus.
This position requires a strong relational foundation with equally strong leadership and operational capabilities. We are seeking a spiritually mature and grounded individual who is innovative, strategic, visionary, and operational. Must possess the ability to galvanize others, consistent with our purpose, towards action and investment – to provide eternal hope and sustainable long-term solutions accessible to our CTA families, our neighbors, and our community.
The two primary departments of Equip are Community Outreach and Youth Programming. The Assistant Director of Equip will supervise and lead the managers in each of those areas. In addition, the Assistant Director of Equip will collaborate and liaise with the Administration Team of Cross Trainers Academy to optimally serve students and families of CTA, in alignment with program goals.
- Report directly to the Director of North Campus/Equip, and assume duties of Director when needed in his absence
- Coordinate scheduling of North Campus Equip weekly and monthly staff meetings, including Youth Programming and Community Outreach staff
- Act as liaison to Cross Trainers Academy administration (located in North Campus)
- In collaboration with the two Equip Mangers, work with the administrative team of Cross Trainers Academy to provide synergy in efforts to support students, families and the community – maximizing and optimizing resources, funds and personnel
- Work with the North Campus Director to complete strategic planning in direct collaboration with, and under the leadership and supervision of the President and Vice Presidents of MRM, and in alignment with the strategic planning, mission and goals of MRM, to outline a direction for the growth and expansion of the Equip program -- including an eventual action plan and time line for implementation.
- Along with the Director, allocate and oversee the use of budgeted funds in the North Campus Equip program with a focus on spending in alignment with program goals
- Strengthen and sustain a culture around established Equip program goals and expectations
- Help lead scheduled Equip staff meetings, including integration of prayer and devotionals
- Collaborate with a full administrative team that is serving students and families of Cross Trainers Academy in the North Campus; collaboration will be relevant to program goals
- Work to facilitate the enhancement of both the Youth Programming and Community Outreach branches of Equip at the North Campus
- Assist the North Campus Director and administrative team of Cross Trainers Academy in building up all stakeholders though the Word of our Lord Jesus Christ
· Bachelor’s or Master's degree
· Experience in organizational leadership roles
· Training and experience in personnel management
· Strong communication, management, and collaborative skills, including strong ability to work with team members and community members face-to-face in an ethical, compassionate and confident manner
· Competent in the following platforms: Word, Excel, Outlook, Outlook Calendar, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar
· Must be looking to serve in an urban environment of significant need
· Proven skills in leadership, group facilitation, operations, communication, and setting and measuring goals to determine progress and output in alignment with set program goals
· Be in agreement with and subscribe to the Milwaukee Rescue Mission’s Statement of Faith and the MRM Statement of Biblical Convictions.
· Be a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is evident in personal testimony and Christian conduct.
· Pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
· Competitive salary range based on experience & credentials
· Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Health Savings Accounts with employer match
· Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
· 401K with generous employer contribution
· Paid holidays and generous PTO
· Health Club reimbursement
· Free onsite parking
· Free meal available during shift
· Business Casual Dress
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in this ministry opportunity, please send your resume along with your salary requirements to Angie Criner at [email protected]
Full documents available for Milwaukee Rescue Mission Statement of Faith, Values, and Statement of Biblical Conviction as well as full job description by request.
Posted By: Career Cross Training
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert