As an Analyst, you will work closely with CEP’s energetic and diverse staff to provide philanthropic foundation executives, boards, and staff with data-driven insights to enhance the effectiveness of their work. The core function of the role is to create reports and share recommendations based on the results of standardized surveys of grantees, staff, and donors that CEP conducts on behalf of philanthropic foundations. Analysts also work with individual foundations or groups of foundations on customized engagements focused on approaches to philanthropy, performance assessment, and organizational effectiveness. If you want to help grant-making organizations to understand how they’re doing in creating social impact, this is the role for you. The analyst will be a member of CEP’s Cambridge office.
The Ideal Candidate:
• You understand that CEP’s work depends on the high quality of our analysis and, likewise, have high standards for quality control, task management, and attention to detail
• You are confident in your work, but are humble in the knowledge that you are always learning and improving
• You are detail-oriented, organized, and adaptable, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• You are excited to build trust with key stakeholders and senior leaders, and you exhibit good judgment when engaging with others in professional settings
• You enjoy a mix of working independently as well as on teams, and you bring a hard-working, empathetic, and reliable approach to both situations
• You take initiative, when appropriate, and you are tolerant of ambiguity
• You are curious and ask questions; you thrive in an environment that encourages diversity of opinion
• You have the highest level of personal integrity and commitment to excellence
• Analyzing quantitative and qualitative datasets, often using basic inferential statistics and qualitative coding techniques
• Creating clear and compelling written memos that identify and highlight synthesized findings and recommendations drawn from analysis
• Co-managing survey processes, question design, and innovation in CEP’s assessment tools
• Creating and presenting the results of assessment and advisory engagements to foundation executives and staff alongside client managers
• Actively participating in team discussions and helping develop CEP’s internal knowledge base and operations
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation, and we actively seek out candidates with diversity of backgrounds, skills, experiences, and perspectives for this exciting role.
For almost 20 years, CEP has led the movement to improve philanthropy through a powerful combination of dispassionate analysis and a passionate commitment to improving lives. Today, over 350 foundations have used CEP’s assessment tools to gather honest feedback from their stakeholders in an effort to learn how to be even more effective. CEOs and trustees have come to rely on our research for insights into foundation effectiveness on a wide range of topics, from assessing performance to developing strategy to managing stakeholder relationships. Our highly regarded programming—including our biennial conference—gives foundation leaders an exclusive and unprecedented opportunity to connect with their peers. Strengths of CEP’s work culture are entrepreneurialism, accountability, teamwork, collegiality, diversity, and mutual respect. CEP is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California.