The Opportunity Trust
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: St. Louis
Postal code: 63110
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Our mission is to ensure every child who calls St. Louis home is prepared to thrive.
We envision a St. Louis where every single person is able to find success in a rapidly changing world and a region that draws people from all backgrounds because of its renewed sense of possibility, growing economic opportunity, and safe, just, and peaceful communities.
By working with districts, schools, educators, parents, nonprofits, government and other community stakeholders, we will increase the percentage of children attending world-class schools in St. Louis city from 10% to over 40% by 2028 and ensure another 3,000 students are enrolled in world-class schools in targeted districts in St. Louis County.
As the Entrepreneur in Residence you will:
- Develop an innovative school model that ensures that children are set up for success.
- Execute Set and codify the academic vision and standard for the school to achieve academic excellence.
- Empower Build partnerships and alliances in St. Louis to co-design your school with families and local leaders and to ensure Opportunity Trust becomes a foundational part of the community.
- You will report to Founding Partner, Mia Howard.
- You will partner closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Program Manager and fellow EIRs.
- Location: St. Louis
- Start date: Summer 2021
- Salary range: $90k-$125k
A Day in the Life
- 25% Design
- 25% Engagement
- 25% Execution
- 15% Leadership
- 10% Operations
Your Future Legacy
- You built and sustained a world-class school that helped transform and continuously improved the educational landscape of St. Louis.
- You increased brand awareness and brought in new resources, insights, and data to set a standard of academic excellence that would make any parent proud to send their child to your school.
- You attracted and developed top talent to ensure future school growth, and dramatically close the opportunity gap in underserved communities.
While we are actively seeking diverse profiles of leadership, successful applicants must demonstrate:
- An unwavering bar for excellence and a track record of results
You are obsessed with exceeding the bar for rigorous and relevant learning and can show results achieved.
You regularly reflect on identity and power and are poised to co-create schools representing a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Curiosity and self-direction
You are humble and continually seek out broad inspiration. You drive development and are prepared to take the reins of your EIR journey.
You have experience leading diverse, thriving teams and supporting the growth and development of others.
- A promising vision for a new school
While this will evolve through the program, you have an initial school vision that speaks to an authentic community need and represents an engaging, rigorous, relevant learning environment for students.
As part of the fellowship, Entrepreneurs-in-Residence have access to numerous supports to help design and launch a world-class school for children in St. Louis, including:
- Regular meetings with an executive coach
- A broad network of co-creators, advisors, and formal supports
- Bi-weekly learning days
- Best-in-class insights
Tools & Resources
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- Eligibility for $25k planning grant annually
- Access to curated research, templates, and tools
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, upload your resume and complete the questionnaire.
All applications received by January 25, 2021 will be considered.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert