San Francisco, CA
We believe, and research shows, that student and stakeholder feedback matters for school improvement and student success. That’s why, in 2008, we created YouthTruth – to help educators harness student and stakeholder feedback to accelerate improvements. We’ve heard from over 1.5 million students as well as thousands family and staff members across 39 states and four countries. When you join YouthTruth, you join a small and collaborative team that has big impact on schools across the U.S and the education sector.
As an Analyst, you will be instrumental in putting important student perception data into the hands of those making instructional and leadership decisions in K-12 schools. Being part of YouthTruth, a national nonprofit, gives you the chance to apply and grow your skills while making a difference in education.
The Ideal Candidate:
• You have a deep interest in and passion for education, and a belief in student voice as a powerful tool to make important changes in education.
• You are highly organized, analytical, and detail-oriented. You consistently produce high-quality, error-free work, reflecting an ability to complete tasks on time with quality and accuracy.
• You have an ability to quickly learn new tools, systems, and skills.
• You are flexible, adaptable, and reliable in a fast-paced environment.
• You are able to manage multiple priorities and timelines simultaneously.
• You are confident that your work can make a difference but humble in the knowledge that you are always learning and improving.
• You are a genuinely wonderful colleague to have around. You work well within a close knit-team as well as across other departments. You are also excellent at managing up. Your highly positive attitude, shared commitment to excellence, and thoughtfulness are valuable assets to the organization.
• Your interpersonal and communication skills allow you to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts.
What You’ll Do:
You will work closely with YouthTruth’s energetic and diverse staff to provide district leaders and school principals with data-driven insights to enhance their effectiveness. The core function of this role is to create data-driven reports based on student survey results. More specifically, you can expect to be involved in the following:
Survey Administration & Reporting
• Co-manage survey administration, report template design, and innovation processes for YouthTruth’s surveys
• Create and administer online surveys for our clients on tight deadlines
• Generate data-driven reports for our clients in an online interactive platform
• Support client leads in preparing and interpreting data for school administrators
• Troubleshoot and problem-solve operational and client issues
• Provide strong quality control of online surveys and report products
Process and Product Development
• Co-develop new features and processes to improve the efficiency of survey administration, data analysis, and data visualization
• Program in Python. You will frequently contribute to YouthTruth’s codebase, implementing improvements, debugging, reviewing others’ code, and writing tests
• Refine survey instruments and reports; contribute to new product development to meet school and district needs
• Contribute to analysis of the large-scale YouthTruth; gather insights from our data for marketing, blogs, and communications
• Actively contribute to team discussions, collaborating on cross-team projects and helping to develop CEP’s internal knowledge base and operations
We have offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts and San Francisco, California, where the entire YouthTruth team resides (and enjoys sweeping views of San Francisco bay and the Bay Bridge). This role will be based in our San Francisco office (eventually). Currently our staff is working remotely and will continue to do so until it is deemed safe to come back into the office.