F.Y. Eye, Inc.
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10022
State: New York
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
F.Y. Eye‘s mission is to build public awareness about important social, civic and educational resources, programs and messages by delivering high-quality, low-cost public service announcements throughout NYC and beyond.
About the Organization:
F.Y. Eye is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit media group dedicated to connecting people in need to the knowledge and services they deserve. We have been democratizing advertising and catalyzing community development since 2005, helping over 130 mission-driven organizations better communicate vital information about policies, programs, and essential services.
F.Y. Eye’s mission is to build public awareness about important social, civic, and educational resources by delivering high-quality, low-cost public service announcements throughout NYC. We are building NYC’s first community media cooperative, a growing network that currently reaches more than one million targeted New Yorkers. F.Y. Eye also provides creative and media buying services to design and position important campaigns creatively, strategically, and affordably.
For 15 years, F.Y. Eye has worked with diverse partners of all shapes, sizes, and purposes on a range of campaigns that have saved the nonprofit community millions of dollars. We connect community strengths like our Impact Artist Collective to get the word out in a visually impactful way. We have focused on issues such as: protecting the environment, preserving affordable housing, advocating for disability and immigrant rights, preventing older adults and children from abuse, encouraging healthy habits, and promoting criminal, LGBTQ, social, racial, gender, climate, and financial justice.
In 2021, F.Y. Eye is poised for ongoing and increased impact. We strive not only to continue to support New York’s nonprofit sector and those it serves, but also to leverage the strong foundation our platform, skills and connections offer to rebuild our city- its economy, its social structures, its policies- equitably and effectively.
About the Role:
F.Y. Eye is seeking a passionate leader, experienced entrepreneur, community builder, communicator, fundraiser, and a strategy Rockstar to serve as our Executive Director. You will start everyday with your sleeves rolled up, ready to successfully lead all aspects of this unique nonprofit organization, including managing operations and securing funding to ensure our stability and future growth. The Executive Director will zealously promote F.Y. Eye’s services and platform to a broad range of audiences. You will leverage F.Y. Eye’s existing platform, grow our diverse network of community, nonprofit, public, and private partners, advance our program offerings, and serve as an external presence to amplify our impact.
The Executive Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
ORGANIZATIONAL STRATEGY, LEADERSHIP & OPERATIONS
- Direct, oversee and implement F.Y. Eye’s mission, strategy, programs, and services;
- Manage day-to-day operations and strengthen relationships with contractors and partners to ensure all programs are running smoothly and efficiently;
- Build new relationships with community groups and other relevant stakeholders to expand, diversify, and promote NYC’s first community media cooperative, the PSA Network;
- Create and improve systems and processes that allow F.Y. Eye to lead F.Y. Eye-driven strategic initiatives while maintaining a docket of pro bono and paid client projects supporting underinvested and vulnerable communities;
- Further develop F.Y. Eye’s Impact Artist Collective and Volunteer Program;
- Ensure effective systems for data gathering, tracking, measuring and analysis of both client campaigns and F.Y. Eye’s own programs to evaluate performance and impact;
- Recruit, develop, and collaborate with the Board and Advisory Committee to ensure F.Y. Eye’s sustainability, vitality, and excellence; and,
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion across all aspects of F.Y. Eye’s work.
DEVELOPMENT & REVENUE GENERATION
- Assume primary responsibility for the organization’s revenue, including: Developing a comprehensive development strategy that continues to diversify revenue and partnership opportunities;
- Cultivating and soliciting new individual, institutional and corporate donations;
- Writing proposals and reporting on grants;
- Deepening revenue opportunities from fee-for service projects with government and nonprofits; and,
- Develop overall annual budget and track cash flow.
COMMUNICATIONS & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Develop a range of organizational communications and content strategies, including the website, media, social media, advertising, and other vehicles that bring positive attention to F.Y. Eye’s programs and services and targets a broader public audience;
- Build awareness of and trust in F.Y. Eye among a broader range of NYC community-based and nonprofit organizations by participating in key coalitions, attending public meetings, building upon existing relationships and cultivating new ones;
- Serve as an effective and inspiring spokesperson for F.Y. Eye;
- Develop and maintain good working relations with ethnic and mainstream media;
- Bolster F.Y Eye’s use of social media to grow our reach and influence; and,
- Identify opportunities to bring positive attention to F.Y. Eye’s programs and services.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You are energized to join a small, scrappy, like-minded group ready to dream big; and you are sufficiently detail-oriented and organized to realize those dreams;
- 10+ years of progressive senior leadership and management roles, experience leading growing organizations a plus;
- An existing network of contacts within New York-based organizations, funders, elected officials and government agencies, and/or media companies;
- Significant experience working in the nonprofit and/or communications sectors focused on supporting and strengthening vulnerable populations;
- Agile and adaptable leader with a track record of working well under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strategic in setting vision, mobilizing and leveraging an organization’s power with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Skilled in developing relationships and building partnerships across a wide range of constituents, such as community-based and nonprofit organizations, funders, city agencies and elected officials;
- Accomplished fundraiser;
- Experience in marketing and public relations preferred;
- Embraces a community-orientation and inspires support from variety of stakeholders and constituencies;
- Possesses a hunger and drive for results and a capacity to plan and creatively respond to sudden opportunities;
- Strong organizational skills with great care and attention to detail and a commitment to quality;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in other languages is an advantage;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, G-Suite, and Social Media (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook);
- Unquestionable personal and professional integrity; and,
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with integrity and discretion.
Competitive compensation commensurate with expertise. A generous benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to [email protected]. We invite you to propose ideas reflecting how you would go about growing F.Y. Eye’s impact. Please also include where you learned of this opportunity and provide three professional references with their contact information.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert