Learning Ally Partnerships Associate
Department: Strategic Partnerships
Location: Remote or Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Chief of Growth and Strategic Partnerships
Learning Ally--a non-profit education solutions company dedicated to improving the lives of struggling learners at school, home, and in their lives--began 70 years ago as Recording for the Blind with a mission to provide access to books for those who were blind or visually impaired. With a history of evolving that initial mission to serve even more readers and learners, Learning Ally continues to grow its vision and solution offerings.
Our solutions are currently in over 20,000 schools nationwide. We are passionate about growth – for our organization, our staff, and the educators and students we serve. Our partnerships with world-renown researchers at institutions like the University of California at San Francisco and MIT are allowing us to develop new groundbreaking solutions that allow for early identification of literacy challenges, as well as cognitive strengths and weaknesses of students. We believe we can fundamentally change the way education works for the over 60% of struggling students by understanding how students learn and developing educational solutions to meet their needs.
If you are truly passionate about innovation, growth, and education, we want to talk to you.
Reporting directly to the Chief of Growth and Strategic Partnerships, the Partnerships Associate role is critical to the growth of Learning Ally and our mission to solve the literacy problem. This position is a unique opportunity to be a part of an innovative and rapidly growing organization, transforming the educational experience for struggling learners and their educators. The Strategic Partnerships team cultivates relationships with companies, foundations, research institutions, and over 1,000 volunteers through our Volunteer Nation, to drive organizational revenue and impact. In FY21, we are responsible for engaging volunteers to produce over 1,200 titles, reaching a $1.5M revenue goal along with building a $10M Investment Fund to grow the impact of Learning Ally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Project, Proposal and Relationship Management:
- Drive strategic relationships in collaboration with colleagues across the organization. Partnerships range from Fortune 500 companies like PwC to non-profits like Teach For America to universities like Harvard. The optimal candidate will also assist the leadership team in potential product partnerships and acquisitions as well.
- Write and assemble compelling proposals, one-pagers, and pitch decks for foundations, corporations, and high net worth individuals.
- Create, manage, and execute an external communications plan with our network of supporters in collaboration with teammates.
- Develop and execute project plans internally and externally to ensure we’re on track to our goals.
- Learn, manage, and manipulate our CRM to build critical institutional memory and ensure best in class service to partners.
- Cultivate and manage a portfolio of foundation partners to drive organizational revenue.
Prospecting and Research:
- Research and follow corporations, foundations, other partners, and individuals of interest via Google Alerts and social media, surfacing news and engagement opportunities.
- Write prospecting emails and other pitch materials.
- Continuously track and catalog research efforts, leads, notes, follow-up with prospects, and funding opportunities in our CRM.
- Plan for future resource needs and anticipate change given the evolution of our organization.
Team Support and Collaboration:
- Implement and improve processes to ensure we’re working as efficiently as possible and to best facilitate communication internally across teams and externally with partners.
- Provide administrative support including internal tracking, management of the shared team calendar for deadlines, creating and processing gift acknowledgment letters, and liaising with our Finance team.
- Collaborate across the team to share best practices and inform the systems and processes that will influence the future of Learning Ally.
Who You Are:
- Mission-Driven. You’re passionate about education and care deeply about solving the literacy problem in our Country.
- An outstanding project manager. You can break complex projects down into small pieces, and stay on top of all the moving parts, whether executing the work or collaborating with other colleagues on the team to get it done.
- Concise and persuasive writer and communicator. You understand our business inside and out and can communicate our reach and impact.
- Detail-oriented and organized. You sweat the small things, always triple check your work, and are two steps ahead of your colleagues.
- Results-oriented and data-driven. You set goals and strive to exceed them by setting, communicating, measuring short- and long-term goals. You’re able to independently analyze your progress to solve for roadblocks and get input from your team.
- Tech-savvy. You have a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools, maximizing Microsoft office, Gsuite, and our CRM.
- A lifelong learner. You believe in continuous improvement and are committed to growing professionally.
- A high-capacity do-er and team player. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, all-hands-on-deck work environment, with aggressive growth plans.
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Missy Sherburne, Chief of Growth and Strategic Partnership
*APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER OR LINKEDIN PROFILE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED*