Center for Collaborative Education
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 02111
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
The mission of the Center for Collaborative Education (CCE) is to transform schools to ensure that all students succeed. CCE partners with public schools and districts to create and sustain effective and equitable schools. We envision a just and equitable world where every student is college- and career-ready and prepared to become a compassionate, thoughtful and contributing global citizen.
To achieve this vision, CCE collaborates with stakeholders at the school, district, and state levels to:
- Create learning environments that are collaborative, democratic and equitable;
- Build capacity within districts and schools to adopt new practices that promote collaborative, democratic and equitable learning for students and educators; and
- Catalyze systemic change at the school and district levels through district- and state-level policy and advocacy support.
The Center for Collaborative Education seeks a Controller who will be responsible for key operational areas including accounting, reporting, budgeting, business practices and operations. The Controller will oversee the organization’s day-to-day financial operations while maintaining the accounting records and internal controls in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller will report to the Executive Director and the offsite Senior Director of Finance and Operations or CFO.
We are looking for a collaborative colleague who will work closely with an offsite CFO, the Executive Director, and a staff accountant. The person in this role will enjoy creating, improving, and streamlining systems, processes and policies in support of CCE’s mission and vision, working with diverse and multicultural colleagues, and have the opportunity to grow in this role. Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage monthly account reconciliations, closing processes, transaction review, and verification, general ledger accuracy and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Create financial reports for federal and private grants and contracts.
- Coordinate and ensure the timely billing of grants and contracts.
- Provide financial analysis and accounting reports, as needed.
- Manage annual audit including coordination with independent auditors and CCE’s personnel regarding timing and completion of responsibilities.
- Prepare compliance reports and internal and external information requests for financial data.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule and depreciation schedules.
- Manage staff on-boarding, and processing of benefits and payroll activities.
- Provide the Executive Director with detailed and relevant financial reporting and builds capacity to manage finances by creating and streamlining systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by and to support the Senior Director of Finance & Operations (CFO).
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field. Preference will be given to candidates with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- At least 4-7 years’ experience in accounting/finance or related field, some supervisory experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience working with small to mid-sized mission-driven organizations with multiple types of revenue streams.
- A high degree of computer literacy and strong skills in spreadsheet-based financial analysis, including thorough knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop edition, and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, with demonstrated strong skills in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and organize financial data and to make accurate computations.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously as needed, with strong analytic, problem solving, critical thinking and research skills.
- Experience with federal and private grant reporting.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
This position is based in Boston, MA; however, all staff are currently working remotely due to the pandemic until further notice.
Salary and Benefits
CCE offers a competitive salary as well as health and dental insurance; generous paid time off including sick time, vacation days, floating holidays and personal time; 403(b) with employer match; flexible spending accounts; and transportation/internet services and cell phone subsidies.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter and resume here. This position will remain open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Center for Collaborative Education is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Interviews will be conducted via video conferencing.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert