Pioneers Baccalaureate School
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 61000
State: Outside the USA
Pioneers Baccalaureate School was established to build a generation of learners equipped to be leaders in their communities, challenging and inspiring students to achieve their intellectual and personal potential by approaching each as a unique individual. Utilizing the best of modern pedagogy while staying true to our Palestinian roots, PBS prepares our students to be competitive on a global scale. Graduates will be prepared to innovate, think creatively, and contribute to building a better Palestine.
Pioneers provide students from diverse economic and social backgrounds with a developmentally appropriate education which emphasizes high academic and social expectations for all students. A staff of dedicated teachers and administrators work to create the opportunities, resources and environment necessary for students to build the skills and attitudes they need to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens in a changing global society.
Pioneers School (www.pioneers.ps) in Nablus, Palestine is seeking a full-time Academic Coordinator to oversee the teaching and staff in our International English program. Academic Coordinators serve as the primary point of contact in managing the curriculum coordinators, classroom teachers, students, and parents in the school. The academic coordinators are tasked with overseeing the academic operations of the school (detailed below) for their specific departments and grade levels. Academic coordinators will also provide regular reports to principal on the progress of their departments.
The contract for this post is scheduled to begin February 2021, with the spring (February - May 2021) semester serving as a training period for the candidate to get a better idea of how our school functions and shadow the current Academic Coordinator.
For a detailed explanation of the duties/responsibilities of this position, please see the following job description:
Please note: We are looking for a coordinator for both our Middle School (6-8) and Lower School (1-5). While the document above is for the Lower School position, candidates interested in working with other grade levels should also apply.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Degrees in education, international education, or curriculum are desirable
- Background as a teacher is highly preferred, as well as experience managing a team
- Background experience with the Common Core is highly preferred. Any experience in curriculum development is a plus as we are currently going through NEASC International Accreditation.
- The most successful employees at Pioneers are those that are flexible, innovative, and committed to creating unique educational opportunities for Palestinian students.
Foreign teachers and administrators at Pioneers receive the following benefits:
- Housing provided
- Visa expenses/legal fees paid
- Airfare subsidized
Administrative/Coordinator salaries are far over the cost of living in the city.
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and should be submitted as soon as possible for consideration.
To apply: Please email the following documents to [email protected]:
- Cover Letter explaining your past experience and your interest in the position (please also include your interest in working either in the middle or lower school if you have a preference)
- Contact information for two references (ideally, at least one of whom will be from an educational institution)
Please include in the subject line of your letter the position to which you are applying (i.e. "Application for Academic Coordinator").
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert