Regional Executive Director Northern California
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 94607
Country: United States
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotionalbarriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have 12 centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility. To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org.
College Track is seeking a highly motivated, driven, entrepreneurial leader to serve as the Northern California Regional Executive Director (NorCal ED). This role will create and implement our regional, multi-year strategy that is rooted in our vision for impact and mission. The NorCal ED will set the overarching regional direction and maximize student outcomes, inspire NorCal staff, and secure and deepen external partnerships. This role will also work in partnership with the National/NorCal development team, as the leader of College Track Northern California, to achieve our regional fundraising goals. The NorCal ED will report to the Regional Executive Officer and is a member of the National Leadership Team.
Primary Responsibilities Include
Achievement of Program Outcomes
- Oversee performance goals across all four College Track centers in Northern California to ensure students are on track to matriculate and graduate from college. Maintain exceptional quality, while ensuring the fidelity of our program model and meeting key metrics.
- Drive organizational and programmatic alignment across the four NorCal centers, and provide support systems that drive academic achievement and student success.
- Design and implement systems for evaluating progress toward strategic goals, ensuring that regional objectives are met while also aligning the work with the national program strategy.
- Identify, recruit, develop, and retain a team of results-oriented, entrepreneurial, creative thinkers to execute the highest quality program and achieve its performance goals.
- Build a strong, cohesive regional culture that reflects a relentless focus on student success, operational efficiency and excellence.
- Serve as the external leader of the NorCal region and partner with the National/NorCal development team to meet regional revenue goals.
- Represent the organization across the regional community by establishing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders that drive growth and long-term financial sustainability for the region; and collaborate with the regional staff to steward these relationships.
- Develop and articulate a multi-year vision for the NorCal region that inspires funders to partner and invest in our work.
- Collaborate deeply with the National/NorCal development teams to grow existing grant portfolio funding over time by cultivating key existing funders and articulating a regional vision that inspires new funding partners.
- Partner with the National/NorCal development teams to steward the Local Advisory Board and inspire fundraising, securing internships, and corporate partnerships.
- Collaborate with the National Marketing & Communications team to maintain a positive, well-recognized brand with regional media.
- Participate in events and speaking engagements, and serve as the spokesperson for the NorCal region to elevate College Track’s presence in the region.
- Set the overarching regional vision; develop a regional strategy and tactical plan that is aligned with our vision of impact, mission, and goals.
- Lead the NorCal region strategic planning process, including annual budgeting, in conjunction with the org-wide annual planning process.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders; support the cultivation of local partnerships with school districts, colleges, universities, corporations, and funders to maximize regional impact, scale, and long-term sustainability.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the NorCal Regional Executive Director must embrace College Track’s vision and mission for transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong identification—personally and/or professionally—with our students’ life experiences and demonstrated commitment to social justice and educational equity.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role, preferably at an established and successful education organization that experienced growth over his/her tenure.
- 10+ years of experience with developing external partnerships and expanding an organizations' impact throughout a large geographic region.
- Experience managing large teams to achieve goals and accelerate outcomes; and, proven track record of attracting and retaining top-tier talent.
- Proven track record of delivering outcomes and achieving aggressive performance goals and metrics. Preferred: history of driving significant gains in student outcomes.
- Highly developed strategic thinking and execution skills that allow him/her to successfully lead and manage projects, groups, or organizations to achieve results.
- Superior relationship-building and interpersonal skills which enable rapport-building with internal and external stakeholders; ability to inspire confidence and collaboration both internally and externally.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create and deliver inspiring presentations to diverse groups of stakeholders
- Positive, proactive, solutions-oriented disposition with exceptional ability to collaborate with all levels of staff, and across all departments in the organization.
- High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website!
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert