Director of Regulatory Affairs
Food Allergy Research & Education
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
Postal code: 22102
Country: United States
FARE’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies and to provide them hope through the promise of new treatments.
Our work is organized around three core tenets:
- LIFE. Support the ability of individuals with food allergies to live safe, productive lives with the respect of others through our education and advocacy initiatives.
- HEALTH. Enhance the healthcare access of individuals with food allergies to state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment.
- HOPE. Encourage and fund research in both industry and academia that promises new therapies to improve the allergic condition.
Food Allergy Education and Research (FARE) is seeking a top-level professional who has a clear understanding of the regulatory process to lead our efforts with federal agencies. This individual will assist and position FARE as the world’s leading food allergy advocacy organization and the largest private source of funding of food allergy research.
The Director of Regulatory Affairs will be responsible for all regulatory issues and top-level regulatory relations for FARE. The Director provides strategic direction and management for key regulatory relations function that is related to one or more of the organization’s regulatory priorities. The position requires a sophisticated understanding of the regulatory (FDA, NIH, and CDC) and political processes. The Director of Regulatory Affairs is an expert in his or her key areas of responsibility.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships with federal agencies, as determined
- Draft comments regarding regulatory issues
- Participate in advocacy strategy and tactics
- Function as subject matter expert on public policy, rules, and regulations
- Crafts strategic direction and develops exaction plan in consolation with the SVP, Chief of Public Affairs and Communications, and the VP of Federal Government Relations
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience; graduate degree in public policy or related field a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience (preferably in a Congressional, agency, or organization setting).
$155k - 175k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert