ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work with FARE senior leadership on the development of a research and innovation strategy for the foundation. Create and refine strategies that will increase the value of FARE’s offering to the food allergy community
2. Develop and maintain up-to-date dashboard of food allergy drug development activity and identify prospective partners
3. Engage prospective partners promoting awareness of FARE clinical network capabilities as they relate to the planning, execution and evaluation of clinical studies
4. Lead discussions designed to establish partnerships focused on clinical development of drugs for the treatment of food allergy and/or foods for the prevention of food allergy.
5. Develop workplans, budgets and timelines based on scope of work and services to be provided in conjunction with input from clinical program manager.
6. Negotiate terms of partnerships, draft and finalize financial agreements
7. Manage corporate relationships, provide periodic progress updates, track deliverables in conjunction with input from clinical program management and operations
8. Develop mid- and long-term revenue generation models and contribute to budget processes to inform strategic planning and partnering / investment opportunities
9. Track overall business development progress relating to clinical development activities and report status to the board, senior leadership and external partners periodically
10. Participate and support in related external partnering and business development activities with academic institutions, other non-profits, government and industry players. Lead external relationships as appropriate (e.g., if directly tied to initiatives managed)
11. Maintain awareness of relevant developments in food allergy research, clinical trial activity, and new advances in care.
12. Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to align incentives and ensure success of specific clinical research initiatives
13. Integrate workstreams cross-functionally to ensure alignment and efficiency across all FARE activities
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The ideal candidate will be attracted to the opportunity to be a part of a world class team that is doing something to truly change the world for food allergy individuals. Some specific characteristics include:
·Familiarity with the regulated R&D process for new therapies (foods and drugs), diagnostics and other medical solutions
- Critical thinker
- Business acumen and/or relevant foundation / non-profit experience involving alliance management with external partnerships and/or industry
- Superior quantitative and analytical abilities, including ability to navigate complex decision frameworks and to create financial models and other complicated datasets to inform decisions
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing demands for resources
- The candidate must be a self-starter with exceptional leadership abilities and the proven ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to successfully engage internal and external stakeholders (at various levels and across functions) on new ideas; adept at moving senior management to action. Must have superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate large group discussions with top-level executives and key opinion leaders. Proven ability to drive towards consensus
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Must possess strong English communication and writing skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team
Prior Experience and Education
- Masters in Business Administration
- 7+ years of relevant biopharma industry and/or related non-profit research experience, demonstrating a proven track record of negotiating, executing and managing partnerships devoted to clinical development of drugs designed to treat immune-mediated diseases
- Understanding of regulatory processes associated with drug development and approval of foods
- Proven ability to work successfully in a cross-functional matrixed environment
- Experience conducting company assessments